Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts problem..again..

Hi,

I know there have been many posts about bf2 artifacting but i cant seem to find a solution in any of them. If any of you could help it would be great.

My specs first:
    Intel E6400 Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz
    MDT 2 GB DDR 2
    450W PSU
    Asrock 775-dual motherboard
    XFX 8600gt XXX

The problem is that as soon as i enter a server or single player the game starts to show artifacts. I don't think the card overheats because its at around 60 degrees on full settings in-game and it only happens in BF2 for as far as i seen.
    I tried playing with the drivers too. I ran the most recent 163.69, the beta 163.71, and tried rolling back to 158.45. All without a change. The game runs smooth on full settings but the artifacts are still there. Same on lowest settings. The card itself is overclocked from the manufacture and i clocked it back down to original speeds and lower but with no success.

Its a bit irritating since, like said it only happens in BF2. I added some screens to clarify the problem. Sorry for sorta reposting a problem but if anyone knows a solution to this other then sending it back to the XFX it would be great.

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?i...reen000lj2.jpg
    http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?i...reen001ym8.jpg

Thank you

Re: Artifacts problem..again..

Your card is fuxx0red mate, the GPU is overheating/over-overclocked.

Comment

Well like i said the cards clock is that from the manufactures and the temp is not really exceeding any limits.

Comment

Try the 163.75 beta drivers. It's most probably a defective GPU.

Comment

Tried those already. I just don't get why its just in bf2 like that. Other games like MOH:airborne or world in conflict work with out a problem

Comment

im betting its the card, bf2 i think is more graphic intense than those other games

have you tried a reinstall just in case.

try going to one of those load sites, where it works your graphic card & see if it runs good, i used to have one in fav's & i donno where.
            i done a google, i just found this so i dont know how good it is, says its free

also googling i found a goodsite full of info on this, just scroll down & read

Comment

Hi again.

I ran the memory test for my ram suggested on the 2nd link you gave me and it did not show any errors. I had already tried the stress test program before without errors too. I just ran the atitool artifact scan for 20 minutes and it also did not show any errors. What I will try now is exchange my ram to see if that has an impact on anything. If not I guess I'll have to return the card. If anyone else has an idea it would be great

Otherwise thank you for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by firewolf2k7 View Post
                Hi again.

I ran the memory test for my ram suggested on the 2nd link you gave me and it did not show any errors. I had already tried the stress test program before without errors too. I just ran the atitool artifact scan for 20 minutes and it also did not show any errors. What I will try now is exchange my ram to see if that has an impact on anything. If not I guess I'll have to return the card. If anyone else has an idea it would be great

Otherwise thank you for all the help.
                YW, i would think it has to be the card with the artifacts like that.

bf2 is really tough on cards & it must have something giving out in it.

GL:salute:

Comment

Working...
                X