bf2 multiplayer preformance :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 multiplayer preformance :(

hello i am haveing massive proublums with bf2 online when i play single player my game is 100fps all the time as smooth as anything graphics on all med no shadows and geomatry/ texture's high, 2x aa

but when i play online on a 64 player server my frame rate is 45/55 in fighting its like 35 so un smooth i can't shoot anything i know they will be more of a preformance hit on line but not this much , any help would be great,

specs are.... amd64 3200 2.ghz oc'd to 2.4, 1gig ram dual channel, ecs 939 mainboard, pcix x800xl 400mhz core, oc'd to 515 core from 490 memory to 600 mhz driver's omega 7.3 :shock:

Re: bf2 multiplayer preformance

texture = high = problem w/ only one gig of ram.

Comment

txture is on meduim for on line, i looked at my ram usage and its 760 i have 1024 so thats not the proublum, thanks anyway i have the least windows processes when windowns is loaded up it's only at 130 load memory in gmae loads only 760-880

Comment

An extra gig of ram makes a big difference, I noticed when I doubled mine.

You play on low ping servers???

Comment

yes the lowest ping i cant find my internet is not great but ping is around 120

Comment

120 ping isnt great...id prob pause in my playing if my ping jumped that high and wiat for it to go down, but try setting textures to medium first. high textures is a memory hog

Comment

disabled eax under the sound options and its sorted ea *spit*:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777 View Post
                yes the lowest ping i cant find my internet is not great but ping is around 120

below 75 would be best, 120 isnt great.

and llike virus said you would gain by getting another gig, it does matter, see if your system is showing only 760-800 used because it only saw a gig of ram ,so it writes so much to the ram leaving a little room , and the rest is writtng page file on HD which ='s slower performance.

2gig minimum IMO, 3 is nice. your video card is it pci-e or just pci? i seetn you had it as pcix, not sure what you ment there.

one more question, your cable DSL er other????
                do a speed test here & post
                Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

Comment

yeah my internet is rubbish but still manage to play allright lol on line my ping is 120-150 most times its bad but just about works, oh and my internet is comeing down my mobile phone(cellphone) hooked up to the pc dont have the cash for bband lol

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777
                    yeah my internet is rubbish but still manage to play allright lol on line my ping is 120-150 most times its bad but just about works, oh and my internet is comeing down my mobile phone(cellphone) hooked up to the pc dont have the cash for bband lol

yeah man, thats your problem the game cannot run on that low of speed to where its playable.:shakehead:

i know how it is to be short on cash, but i'd try to get DSL somehow.:nod:

:salute:

Comment

ew mills..that is just...is that even possilbe?!?! lol

Comment

My ping is 31 and i couldnt even play multiplayer today because of connection problems which lead to the whole game freezing!
                        Im running the game as adminstrator.
                        Ran smoothly yesterday so its not a computer spec... any help?

Comment

update pb?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferRU View Post
                            My ping is 31 and i couldnt even play multiplayer today because of connection problems which lead to the whole game freezing!
                            Im running the game as adminstrator.
                            Ran smoothly yesterday so its not a computer spec... any help?
                            was you playing the same maps? some mapps are worse than others.
                            what kinda ISP do you have? if its cable it peaks & drops alot. DSL should be constant.
                            Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

Comment

BF2 requires broadband (Cable, DSL, or faster) connection. Says so right on the box. I never play on servers higher than 100 ping.

Comment

Working...
                              X