AI-X Love!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI-X Love!!

Hey AI-X Devs/Fans. It's Bubbl3s here, aka M3oW131 in BF2. First off, let me say I've loved the mod since the start from the .1 Launch of the old team. I will always love AI-X and the support they give to SP :salute:

I've been playing AIX since the Oct 12th date, and let me say I've found my new true love. Love everything and I love the Devs for doing a great job. I would love to be on the Dev team and help anyway possible., but let's talk that later.

I have a few FeedBack and Suggestions for the team, so grab a cold beer and read on! :yay:

Feedback

~Nighthawk: It's a wonderful jet, and love the stealthyness of it. But, for the bombs. Not the JASM, the bomb. Does it lock on? It never really seems to for me. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it dont.

~Apache: This is more towards the missiles and loadout. The rocket pods are fine, nothing wrong with them. But, the Apache has another missile on board. (I forget the name) But it shoots like a Cobra missile, on the cobra. A little more powerful, but it shoots like (hit fire once, and one goes). I think the gunner has this, but not quite sure. Video as follows; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0b3_1192204549 Also, in this next video. the Rocket pods shoot out on Both sides, at the same time. Not one side, then the other. Video; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=195_1181424039

~Tanks: I've noticed that the SABOT round, takes a year to reload. It's really slow, and should be a little more realistic. I always feel the lower end of the battle, which I why i now stick to pure air.

~jets: Prefect, 100% job well done. Accept for the NightHawk.

~Helicopters: Same, as jets. Nice job.

Idea (best idea I've ever had)

~Predator UAV: Is a UAV like drone, like the UAV the commander has. But has 2 or 4 hellfire missiles attached to the wing.

-The hatch on the carrier, to enter the AA turret, can be used as the Command Center for the UAV.

-Make the predator, put it on the carrier. As none flyable due to it being a UAV.

-Have the player have some screen, to fly around the UAV while the player is safe on the carrier. Player has full control (Forward, back, left, right etc etc).

-Have some Zoom Option, like a real UAV. Something like the Commander Zoom has on his screen.

-Have a lock on screen, like the JASM, it hunts down its prey.

-Find some kind of option, to make the player fly the UAV with Joystick, and use mouse to zoom in with the UAV, find a target. Fire hellfire.

^^^I might be able to explain better, later.

~Next subject, a Stryker APC. That is replacing the LAV-25. Have some different options, AT, Mortar, 30mm Cannnon. Picture as follows; http://www.defense-update.com/images/samara-stryker.jpg

That's all I got for now guys, hope you liked your beer and liked my story. If you want some help or talk to me to understand it. Or just want a way to get a hold of me. Please, Xfire me at . Caparzo79989

Thanks Guys, and I hope I get to talk with some AIX Devs soon.

Peace

Re: AI-X Love!!

I really like your thinking when it comes to the predator UAV idea... we'll see what the Devs have to say about it... they're really nice people and this is truly one of the very best mods I've ever seen and played. Can't get that out enough... Can't wait for the next patch though! :nod:

Comment

Bubbl3s, your UAV idea is certainly innovative but i'm not sure some of those things are able to be done by the BF2 game engine - guiding the UAV around should be ok, but as far as i know, getting it to launch weapons of its own isn't possible unless your alter-ego is inside the UAV, like in a normal aircraft. if it's destroyed, you die along with it. of course i may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time...

Comment

Hey clivewil, im also m3ow on BFSP. I see your point, about the whole launching missile you would have to be inside it. Maybe, have like the screen of a TV missile, and you launch from there, and fly somehow?

Comment

launching and flying the UAV like a TV missile is easy enough, it only becomes complicated (or impossible) if you then want that UAV 'TV missile' to then launch other missiles. it's essentially asking a projectile to shoot other projectiles, which are in turn also guided (even if only by their own internal systems) - it's at that point that it has to stop being a UAV missile, and become a UAV vehicle in order to work

Comment

Originally posted by clivewil View Post
            it's essentially asking a projectile to shoot other projectiles
            True... mabye the predator should have no T.V. guided missiles... Probably is best to stick with ones that the apache has. I can see where this gets complicated as Clivewil has been saying. You gotta know if you want the missiles to be heat-seaking or not and a real UAV would never actually dive toward an enemy on the ground so mabye the view that would be more realistic for a UAV would be a bird's eye view and you shoot missiles straight down... And if the UAV blows up then you don't die you just go back to where ever you were... but if you die then would the UAV self-destruct or would it keep flying until it goes off the map? I'd probably say self-destruct but as you can see everyone has their own opinion and I personally like to look for realism...

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
              True... mabye the predator should have no T.V. guided missiles... Probably is best to stick with ones that the apache has. I can see where this gets complicated as Clivewil has been saying. You gotta know if you want the missiles to be heat-seaking or not and a real UAV would never actually dive toward an enemy on the ground so mabye the view that would be more realistic for a UAV would be a bird's eye view and you shoot missiles straight down... And if the UAV blows up then you don't die you just go back to where ever you were... but if you die then would the UAV self-destruct or would it keep flying until it goes off the map? I'd probably say self-destruct but as you can see everyone has their own opinion and I personally like to look for realism...
              Excatly, couldn't of said it better. Is there a time where all 3 of us can get together and discuss this? If the AIX team would like to carry this out of course. :yay:[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BRdNR8gfjQ[/MEDIA]

Comment

Yeah, that would be cool if we could do that... I'm so busy that I haven't checked my email in two weeks and I just now got on totalbf2 for the first time since that last post... mabye this weekend I will have a little more free time... Cool videos guys.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
                  Is there a time where all 3 of us can get together and discuss this? If the AIX team would like to carry this out of course.
                  lol, I know this thread was like almost a year ago or whatever but is this still a possibillity?? btw... I saw the new tavor compared to the old one on the most recent AIX update and my jaw literally dropped! :shock: Holy freakin' TALEDO! SWEET STUFF THERE! (Can't wait for the 1.1 patch!)

Comment

Well, hopefully a dev looks at this soon - again, I know it's an old idea but m30w sounded like he really wanted to continue it and it was his idea...

Comment

Working...
                    X