X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully "Battlefield 3" will flop

* Release in late 2008
    * Powered by “Frostbite DX”
    * Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
    * Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
    * Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
    * Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
    * Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
    * Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
    * Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
    * Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
    * Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
    * Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
    * Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
    * Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
    * “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
    * Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
    * In-game replay and recording feature
    * VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
    * Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
    * Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
    * Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10...3-leaked-info/

The Battlefield franchise have always been my Favorite FPS games, I probably like it more than Counter Strike. Battlefield 1942 revolutionized the FPS genre and Battlefield 2 was a good edition but never lived up to the original in my opinion. I thought the "ranked server" idea is horrible, it lessens the games re playability. I would of loved to play those custom maps that we can download on ranked servers but your not able to, thats why I got bored with regular BF2 so quickly. It's nice that whats keeping me playing this game are mods like Project Reality and Point of Existence 2 which have a steady player base but it seems like these are the mods that most people actually play. Other mods like Operation Peacekeeper and Desert Conflict which I like have hardly anyone playing on them, with DC there's a server which usually says it has about 40-50 people on it then you connect only to see 16. This ranked server idea has really ruined BF2 it had so much potential such as playing custom maps and more people playing mods. Luckily Forgotten hope 2 will be coming out and that will keep me playing BF2 for years to come. Battlefield 2142 only dragged it on a bit adding less maps and a new game mode, Ill never by 2142 but I might look into it since First Strike mod looks nice.

Now with this News of Battlefield 3 which has a good chance of being true only looks like more of the same to me. The only new things Im seeing is what I have come to expect new graphics,new maps but overall it looks like nothing is really changing. The FPS genre itself needs something new. This game really sounds like Battlefield 2.5 with nifty graphics I mean common, 8 maps? Unreal 3 puts this game to shame with how much content it has, I guess EA will release a map every 6 months after it comes out. This is truly pathetic, Im dying to play custom maps on ranked servers every other FPS game out there has custom map servers except for Battlefield 2 even though it does but no one plays on them since its not ranked. Again it's set in the same time frame with "mostly urban maps''. There also adding this 40 vs 40 player thing as if that will make a huge difference, they relate this game to MMO's with the ranking system and progression as well as these MMO style avatars yet they cap is only 40 vs 40. They also say there added this concept of a "brigade" consisting of 3-4 squads. A brigade itself is 1,500-3,000 soldiers and a NATO brigade is 5000. It would be amazing being on servers that large but if that was the case it would be an MMOFPS, that is what the future should be for this genre. Still though if there going to raise the player limit it should be at least to 200 or 150, it would make things a lot more interesting. I doubt I will buy this game it already looks like there rushing it, 8 maps same old stuff with new graphics.

Im sold on games like Crysis,Unreal 3,Huxley and maybe Front lines:Fuels of War hopefully you can play ranked games on custom maps in that. At least Crysis,Unreal 3 and Huxley are different FPS games and actually add something new to the genre, even though Unreal 3 is an arcade shooter and its been done before they always pack it with so much content and great graphics so it looks like it will be better than Battlefield 3. Huxley is a MMOFPS and hopefully it will be the first good MMOFPS, it emphasizes skill over what level you are, theres vehicles and the server limit was raised to 10,000 I think. The cap for PVP battles go from 1 vs 1 up to company battles with 100vs100, at least they used to right term for that unlike Battlefield 3 with "Brigades" on 40 vs 40 maps :laugh:. After these games come out Battlefield 2 will probably get a bit dusty in the corner but Ill pop it in every once in a while to play Forgotten hope 2.

Re: Hopefully "Battlefield 3" will flop

Sounds fun, i can't wait to buy it!

Comment

I searched "List of DX10 games" in google and it came up with a wikipedia entry that lists all DX10 compatible games. On the list I saw this:

Battlefield 3: Baghdad Burning - TBA Late 2008 - Developed by Dice - Published by EA - First person shooter - Frostbite DX10 Engine

They already have a name for it

Comment

Well I guess no one cares what i think :laugh:, have fun with this game. Its just going to be another highly un-realistic game, I bet the tank battles will be horrible just like BF2, thats why I liked FH so much. The only difference with this game is it's sort of like an expansion pack, you get 8 maps (remember special forces?), new weapons and a couple of smaller new features. Nothing has been radically changed. The only big difference you get with this trash is a new game engine and graphics, the concept remains the same as every other Battlefield game, this franchise never evolves. Thats what happens when your owned by EA, take the safest rout for making a game so your sure you will make money off it.

Comment

i can't wait for it to come out, so everyone will leave bf2 in the dust, and i'll be sitting here playing bf2 because i don't feel like forking out $80000 for vista.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
            i can't wait for it to come out, so everyone will leave bf2 in the dust, and i'll be sitting here playing bf2 because i don't feel like forking out $80000 for vista.
            $80000??? really??? I should sell my copy and buy a corvette! :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
              $80000??? really??? I should sell my copy and buy a corvette! :yay:
              Im not sure vista is worth 80000

I guess if it makes the game better somehow its probably good for EA to do vista only. but xp is really a good engine & i bet alot of peep will keep it long as possible. i know i will.

but the game , well i just have to wait cause it maybe good & mabye not hard to speculate, i also suspect it will change a little here & there before final product is realeased.

hope fully they will get rid of bunnyhopping somehow

Comment

Another whinging BF player. Seriously, BF2 has been the best game I have ever played. Are you trying to tell me that you haven't got your money's worth yet? I personally can't wait for BF3. Even if it is the same game with better graphics. I'll still play it. If it turns out to be sh!t. I'll rip it out of my drive, launch it out the window and go buy something else to tide me over.

I hate people who get all high and mighty about how the ranking system is ruining the game etc. Get over it. Without BF2, you wouldn't be able to play your precious PR and POE2 mods anyway.

Comment

Only 8 maps, that's shocking!

Comment

I agree,
                    but how exactly did BF1942 revolutionize the FPS genre?

UT3, CoD4, ETQW, FFOW, The Orange Box and L4D are the game`s I`m gonna be playing. I will get BF3 the evil way and play on private (cracked) servers if I feel like trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop View Post
                      If it turns out to be sh!t. I'll rip it out of my drive, launch it out the window and go buy something else to tide me over.
                      I literally lol'd at that, love to "launch it" out of my window :laugh:

Comment

Another whinging BF player. Seriously, BF2 has been the best game I have ever played. Are you trying to tell me that you haven't got your money's worth yet? I personally can't wait for BF3. Even if it is the same game with better graphics. I'll still play it. If it turns out to be sh!t. I'll rip it out of my drive, launch it out the window and go buy something else to tide me over.

I hate people who get all high and mighty about how the ranking system is ruining the game etc. Get over it. Without BF2, you wouldn't be able to play your precious PR and POE2 mods anyway.
                        I like how you think.

Comment

True, oh so true.

Comment

who mentioned ranks? and i agree with you, why is this post even here "I hope it flops" well why are you here if you hate it so bad? you cannot judge the game before it gets here.
                            and not every PR & POE player thinks bf2 is shat btw, so ya ought not generalize.

Comment

Can't Wait! From the Videos and screenshots from BattleField: Bad Company the Frost Bite engine is going to be Fuking sick!

Tell me this isn't the best Graphics you have seen in a while...lol

You can see the texture in his clothes for gods sake!

I just hope the game play is good...

What I am trying to figure out though, Is why are there shells falling in the air. But the muzzle flash is coming from the M203...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X