battlefield sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlefield sound

One of my speaks doesnt work, loose wire i expect lol.
    Am i at major disadvantage only having a bass speaker and a right speaker?

Also does surround sound make major difference?

Re: battlefield sound

Get a good headset:P Then you can hear ppl running, youll know where they are, and youll hear ppl sneaking up on you.

Comment

Yes, sound does play a huge roll in the game. It has saved my *** a lot of times.

Get a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound card and get some surround sound headphones. If you can afford a Soundblaster Fatality you can get "ultra high" sound quality (not much difference from high, but nice enough).

Having one less speaker will definitely put you at a disadvantage.

Comment

lol i refuse to wear a headset i think my mum will bully me if i wore 1, and my bro wud probily kick my *** LOL.

thx il try get my speaker sorted, it does show though i mean listenin to music in infrantry often gets me killed -.-

Comment

As long as you have sound you wont be that disadvantaged, as long as you can distinguish the audio cues you will be fine for the most part. I would recommend getting a head set though.

Comment

i have tried listening to the radio instead of bf2 (since my stereo is wired through my computer) and it just fails miserably. i can't tell that artillery is around me, you can't tell when or where shots are landing... as for only having one, i would imagine you could still play fairly well.

Comment

if someone is shooting u from behind, its usually too late to hear where he is, turn around, and shoot back.

u only hear footsteps when the person is pretty close

so idk if ull be at that much of a disadvantage. 5.1 surround sound is alot more helpful in smaller maps like CS

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                lol i refuse to wear a headset i think my mum will bully me if i wore 1, and my bro wud probily kick my *** LOL.

thx il try get my speaker sorted, it does show though i mean listenin to music in infrantry often gets me killed -.-
                I would think that they would be happy if you got a headset because they wouldn't have to deal with the constant noise of BF2.

Comment

I only play bf2 with headset. That way you can hear every possible sound, and every difection where the enemy is coming from. And yes, surround sound makes a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post

Tell 'em to stfu as you are pwnzoring noobs on kark.

Comment

yeah idk y ur family will hate u for wearing headsets. maybe they dont want u to blow out ur ears, but IMO, headphoens > speakers. u can hear more of wats in the game and less of whats going around u (ie ur mom talking on the phone)

Comment

A lot of times I'll put my ipod on and turn the computer speakers up so I can hear the battle. It can be a little hard to get someone sneaking up on me, but the music gets me so pumped that if I see em they don't stand a chance.

One speaker sounds like death. Splice that b¡tch. Take the speaker outta your moms phone.

Comment

should be great to stop commander sounds sometimes...

Comment

Get a headset, it beats surround sound if you can't crank the volume. The mic helps a ton too.

Comment

Working...
                            X