pc freezes when i try to install bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc freezes when i try to install bf2

ok i got some family member that just got a new dell that has vista on it. we tried to install bf2 on the pc but during the install a message popped up but the o s needs a 32 bit. clicked ok and then the install freezes. i ran the game info and it said the os failed since it wasnt xp. what can b done so they can play bf2?

Re: pc freezes when i try to install bf2

Originally posted by Bod Majorpayne View Post
    ok i got some family member that just got a new dell that has vista on it. we tried to install bf2 on the pc but during the install a message popped up but the o s needs a 32 bit. clicked ok and then the install freezes. i ran the game info and it said the os failed since it wasnt xp. what can b done so they can play bf2?

1.) You're not 30.

2.) Dell.

3.) Vista.

The installation does not fail, it says the game is unsupported on Vista, ignore that warning and it will install fine.

Comment

1. i am 30
      2. so y does it freeze then?

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
        1.) You're not 30.

2.) Dell.

3.) Vista.

The installation does not fail, it says the game is unsupported on Vista, ignore that warning and it will install fine.
        What does that have to do with anything? I've got Vista on a Dell and I can install, and play every single game that I've tried perfectly.

Comment

1.) You're not 30.

2.) Dell.

3.) Vista.

What does all 3 of those have to do with anything? allways some flammer to start on someone tryn to fix something.

MajorPayne, post your computer specs, like video card, ram etc.

Comment

What the flying f*ck else am I meant to go by when there's no system specs?

Comment

its a dell e531
              amd athlon x2 dual-core 4000+
              2 gb ram
              and geforce 6150
              with vista home

Comment

1.) Right click, properties, compatibility mode, set it to XP SP2 (for setup.exe on the BF2 cd)

2.) Install.

3.) Enjoy the black screen as you find out the card isn't even supported by BF2

Comment

What the flying f*ck else am I meant to go by when there's no system specs?
                  well all u had to do is "specs plz" not some off wall comments. why the sarcasim "enjoy the black screen" im sure he wants to play this game, not get a bunch of hassle.

MajorPayne, camper is right , you need a video card, bf2 is a system resourse hog.
                  and when you get one, follow the vista advice he gave you.

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                  X