Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to make helo controls work like BF1942:DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to make helo controls work like BF1942:DC?

I'm very used to the momentary throttle of Desert Combat. I can fly pretty good in DC, but this new throttle system screws me up. Any way to make BF2 emulate that momentary throttle setup?

Re: Any way to make helo controls work like BF1942C?

I dont think that you can change how the chopter behaves without messing with the code, and that will get you kicked by PB.

Comment

true sorry i dont think you can with a joystick anyway..perhaps you could with keyboard and mouse.

but i loved the way the throttle worked on dc the heli were really responsive to move about once you mastered them.

take time to adjust to bf2 as is completely different..but easier to master than dc i would say.

Comment

Screw the DC choppers i want the BFV ones.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but talking about BF2 and Helo controls, I wondered if anyone out there who uses a Joystick for Heli controls has managed to map a J/Stick button to switch you back to pilot after switching to gunner?

I.E

If I fly solo, I have a J/Stick button that switches me to the gunners seat no problem. I then let go of J/Stick, reach over for mouse, Right click, Left click to fire missile, track target and hopefully hit.

But I tried to map a J/stick button to get me straight into the pilots seat again but it won't work. The only way I can get back in is by pressing F1.

I've already got my arms crossed left, right & centre. So having to scan the keyboard for F1 makes things that extra bit complicated for me.

Any suggestions?

Comment

It's nearly impossible to solo using a joystick - learn to use your mouse and keyboard buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
              It's nearly impossible to solo using a joystick - learn to use your mouse and keyboard buddy.
              I would be well up for trying to use Mouse & keyboard, but I can't work out how you emulate the joysticks twist/axis control (rudder), on the keyboard, as well as pitching up, down, left & right. (I use a Microsoft Sidewinder BTW).

After praccy with the Joystick, I can solo fine with it to get the shot off. It's like I said.... I have to waste that crucial extra second to look down and scan the keyboard for F1 to get back in the pilots seat, when my left hand that is already over the joystick could much easily hit a button if only the game would let me map one to it!

In the BF2 control setup, it lets me assign a button to F1 cockpit view, but when in game, if I press it nothing happens. Even though my joystick buttons works 100%.

Comment

i agree with sir tasty, i was pro in helis in bf vietnam

also, i tried soloeing earlier today, how do i get the chopper to keep from turning right(yaw)?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixiecrap View Post
                  also, i tried soloeing earlier today, how do i get the chopper to keep from turning right(yaw)?
                  Not sure how it works with a Mouse & Keyboard setup,but with my Joystick I have to 'kick' the Heli over to the left of the target, (Twist the axis left and move the stick left and point the nose slightly down).

As soon as I do this, when I switch to gunner, the target comes in sight for about 0.5 seconds to get the shot off before it spins away from the target.

As long as you were not near any towers, buildings, Aerials etc, then you should have enough time to get back in control of the pilots seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixiecrap View Post
                    i agree with sir tasty, i was pro in helis in bf vietnam

You cant. You just have to fire a quick TV before you turn away from your target.

Comment

Working...
                    X