No announcement yet.

Hmmmmm... seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmm... seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Well I downloaded AIX and installed it and it is the most amazing mod EVAH! :rock: I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! :yay: Espicially how the bots respond to how you act. Like when you throw grenades at them they'll turn around and actually RUN! lol, every other mod the bots can't even sprint so that right there makes it a tough and very entertaining game. The "easy" level is better than "expert" on bf2 vanilla and the other mods out there. I even had to run from the bots once and they chased me across the map! But unfortunately for them I pwned them all!

But I have noticed and it seems a bit odd to me that like every map is either at dawn/dusk/midnight - anyways they're almost all dark, even Karkand and Wake Island which I love but I think the devs should keep the original Karkand and Wake as well as the modified ones that are dark because it's cool but after a while it's like ugh... I wish I could see better... lol but it's true. This mod really went over the top and I think it's simply amazing! Great job guys I am looking forward to progress made by all the people who worked on AIX! Fantastic job! Two guns up! :guns:

Re: Hmmmmm... seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Thanks very much Deflex! Makes all the hard work worthwhile
    There are many maps coming out for AIX, the first of which came out yesterday as a map pack from imtheheadhunter. The details and links are at http://www.aixtended.com and includes excellent remakes of Kursk and Midway from bf1942

Thanks for the suggestions and it is quite easy to add the normal Strike at Karkand map to the mod as ours is named 'Karkand stormfront,' and won't be overwritten. The vanilla Karkand only has 16 sized navmesh though, so i would suggest getting the SP64 map pack from BFSP if you want the expanded single player areas

Comment

Alrighty then, thanks for the info and the super sweet mod! AIX is 75% of my time... which I don't seem to have a lot of these days... *mumbles a few choice words about homework and other "crap"* lol but anyways yeah I think I'll dl those maps and download a whole mod just to load some maps into AIX from the original BF2! W00t! :nod:

Comment

I better add that you need to add AIX's army info to the init.con of any map for it to work in AIX.

easy instructions here -> http://aixtended.com/mappingFAQ.html

Comment

k then... I already unzipped everything into the levels folder but I'll go through that tutorial thing. thanks very much!

Comment

Dont forget to meet the dev team ..

WinCatalog Crack generates an inventory of the files on your flash drives, hard drives as well as external sources.

Comment

Marauders at Midnight makes me crash

Comment

Sorry but this is kind of a new topic... (and sorry Xecto, I haven't even tried to play mauradurs at midnight so mine might crash too... try running AIX from the shortcut in windowed mode) Anyways... kysterama, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I already tried reading through several tuturiols about this topic but I don't understand it so mabye you could break it down for me. (screenshots would be nice) So what I want to do is... Give the pickup kits to the factions like MEC, CHINA, US, and the UN so they can start out with them but in place of the old weapons... Like for the China assault for example, they have the G36E assault rifle w/ the grenade laucher... how can I replace that with say one of the pickup kits like the assault GP30?

-Much Thanks

Comment

look in Objects_server.zip\Kits
                  Each class for each army is in this list. open the con file you want to change and replace the weapon inside it.

eg -> Chinese assault

rem -------------------------------------
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate throwknife
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate aix_glock19
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate aix_g36k_rif
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate aix_g36k_GL
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate usmin_claymore
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate binoculars_mec_ch
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate ParachuteLauncher

would be become ->

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate throwknife
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate aix_glock19
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RURIF_GP30
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RURGL_GP30
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate usmin_claymore
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate binoculars_mec_ch
                  ObjectTemplate.addTemplate ParachuteLauncher

Comment

WOW! That's great stuff! thanks... I went ahead and guessed on what I should do before you posted an answer to my question and I guess I accidently found a little glitch which is absolutely hilarious! I wish I got a screenshot of it so you could see it.

What I did was I opened a .zip file in the root AIX folder which was Objects_server.zip or something. The path I took was vehicles\pickups and then I saw a list of all the folders of pickups used in AIX. So I just wrote down the name of a pickup for each kit like assault, sniper, specops, etc... and then I took the name of the folder and replaced it in the init.con of the Midway map folder located in the server.zip for one team and it worked because I could start up the map and choose the kit and spawn without any problems except something I found a little odd... Whenever you go up to a bot that started out with one of the pickup kits I swapped with the original kits they would have the gun in their hands and another one stuck right through them! It was crazy! Like you would see a guy carrying a stinger missle launcher and there would be another stinger right through his torso! :laugh: Just thought you might want to know if you didn't know already but I'll have to try what you suggested. Much thanks!

I also tried downloading the BF264SP mod and installed it with no problem then I took the maps and put it into C:\Program Files\Battlefield2\bf2\mods\AIX\Levels and did followed the tutorial on www.aixtended.com for mapping just like I did with "imtheheadhunter's first community map pack" but I can't play those levels. I can load them up and when I choose a kit and try to spawn AIX CTD! I noticed that all the maps from the BF264SP mod only contain a server.zip file but no object.zip so I copied the object.zip from the original maps of my Vanilla BF2 for the specific maps I put into AIX and it still CTD! :dead: And the strange thing is that when I followed the tuturiol for mapping and I tried to update the archive in which I changed the init.con for only some maps (like sharqi penninsula and Jalabad are a few) seem to have problems with this. Like I'll say yes to change the init.con file then yes again to updating the archive and then a popup will come up and say that it is copywrited and the action cannot be performed or that there was an error... beats me, mabye you can help.

Again, Thank you for all your support - I read all about the team on the site and you guys are all amazing!

P.S. > I really love the Easter Island map I think it's cool and Is it possible to add those planes to other maps too? I also wanted to know that if you guys created the loadup song for all the AIX maps and the one that plays at the login screen... I think it's pretty awsome and I can actually play it on guitar!

Comment

okay, have to be quick because i'm at work

- Thanks for the comments on the music. I wrote and recorded those and am glad you're having fun playing along

- For a list of all handweapons in the mod simply look in objects_Server.zip/weapons/handheld. The name of each weapon folder is what you put in the various kit files if you want to replace the rifles.

-Vanilla maps ONLY need the server.zip in them as they automatically use the client.zip from the bf2 folder as a parent without having to copy them to the aix mod.

- To get the vanilla maps to work in aix, open the server.zip for it and the init.com in it, and then simply replace the soldier information with our aix soldier information. Save and close.

If you are getting read only errors when trying to change the init.con, try winrar, or alternatively drag and drop the init.con out to the desktop, right click on it, select properties and uncheck "read only," "apply" and "okay"
                      Then make your changes to the init.con and drag and drop it back into the server.zip after

Comment

Ok, well thanks for the help for the BF2 Vanilla maps... I'll keep trying cuz it still CTD after I choose a kit and try to spawn...

Comment

That means your init.con is not configured correctly for AIX. Look in one of our current AIX maps' init.con to see what i mean.

Comment

Ok then, I'll siff around... *sniff sniff*

Lol, Last night I worked on changing around kits and I had some fun with that... Thanks for the little tuturiol. I Also wanted to know what map I could fly the nighthawk in.. looks amazing! I think I've tried everyone but no luck... For some reason those 64 size maps take like 10-15 minutes to load... it's crazy! (But while they load, that' when I'm playing along )

Comment

To answer your question Deflex,

-Dragon Valley Dawn/Dark Has the NightHawk (64)

-Zatar Wetlands (64)

-Wake Island (64)

I only play 64, so thats where I see them. I'm not sure about 32 man. But have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X