Server Configuration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Configuration Question

Is there any way to adjust the sprint or stamina on a unranked server.

I know it can be done on ranked servers as I have played on many recently and have been able to run from one side of the map to the other on many of them with out maxing out the stamina meter.

I have searched the internet for days but can not find much info on server config at all other than the standard ServerSettings.con file options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Server Configuration Question

In Infantry Only you have much more stamina and it recharges faster (stamina is for running and jumping) than in vehicle mode. afaik you'll need to mod the game to modify it beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
      In Infantry Only you have much more stamina and it recharges faster (stamina is for running and jumping) than in vehicle mode. afaik you'll need to mod the game to modify it beyond that.
      Ok, thanks for the info.

How do I get it into infantry only mode?

I already have it set for NO VEHICLES through BF2CC is that the same as INFANTRY ONLY?

For example on my server on Karkand, if I sprint from the spawn point on the hill(one with the little building and cliff to the right) on the USMC team to the corner of the buildings I am already out of stamina and that just dont seem right.

Also is there any way to disable COMMANDER?

Just a note: On many of the servers I have been playing on they have stamina(sprint) set differently, for example one server I can run halfway across the map before running out of stamina and others I can pretty much run indefinitley around and not run out at all.

I am pretty sure these servers are not using a mod because wouldnt that require me to download and install the mod first?

These servers are ranked servers and are selected through BF2's server browser.

Comment

1)Yes.
        2)Not as I know.

NO VEHICLES = INFANTRY ONLY.

These are probably the 2 types of servers you went into maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
          1)Yes.
          2)Not as I know.

NO VEHICLES = INFANTRY ONLY.

These are probably the 2 types of servers you went into maybe?
          Well I only play on INFANTRY ONLY servers lately.

But like I said I play on several and stamina has been pretty definded as above normal on each. There is even one server that your stamina never runs out.

And I would think if these servers were running mods I would have to do something to play on them and be compatible.

This is a brand new install of BF2 Complete Collection (SF,EF and AF) and I just select servers from the Server Browser and only play on servers that have NO VEHICLES,PUNKBUSTER and are not FULL.

Comment

To disable commander you could create a mod or maybe a Python modmanager script. In the script I think you could warn people to resign as commander and after a set time you could automatically kick them.

You're gonna need to know Python for the modmanager idea but it should work. As for a regular server setting to disable commander, there isn't one that I know about.

Comment

Working...
            X