how do you populate a new server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you populate a new server?

With all the hundreds (if not thousands) of unpopulated servers, is it safe to say that your new server will never be populated 24/7 unless you have a (big) clan? I've been keeping an eye on Game Monitor and I see the same Karkand Infantry Only and City Maps server full 24/7. There are hundreds of other similar servers but they never get past 4 or 6 players. They all seem to just want to join the same 10 or so Infantry Only servers.

What gives? Any tips/help?

Re: how do you populate a new server?

you need a dedicated group of people that will start it up. a server with 20+ people looks more appetizing then 0...

as for keeping it up that way....good luck?

Comment

leave friendly fire on, leave autobalance on, always use 64 map sizes, don't employ BS uncap rules, turn the language filter off..........And I'm there yo!

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
        leave friendly fire on, leave autobalance on, always use 64 map sizes, don't employ BS uncap rules, turn the language filter off..........And I'm there yo!
        How about 32 players on a 64-sized map?

Comment

dude i don't care how many people are in the server, I can't stand it when admins minimize the map size and deprive players of cool points on maps. Karkand is the worst; the best combat takes place at the factory and if u use anything less than 64 the factory isn't even a point.

Comment

I did that, except 32p map. 3 people showed up in a month. :hmm:

Comment

Gonna have to disagree with "always use 64 size maps" because it's no fun to flag hop for an entire round. If you're gonna play Karkand on the large size you need probably 50+ people or everyone just chases Vodniks around the map and captures/recaptures the flags that were just lost.

As for rules, use whatever rules you want and you will find a crowd. Uncap rules are legit and lots of players like those kinds of servers while plenty of other players hate those rules.

Comment

Here's a better question: how do you de-populate a server? Put Cynic in it. :laugh:

Comment

what you need is some community members who are getting the server started(4-5)
                  otherwise its going to be tough.
                  Good luck and keep the rules nice...dont over manage

Comment

What about giving us all the IP address so we can check it out for our selves.

Comment

You could send us all $5.00 and we'll play on it, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                        You could send us all $5.00 and we'll play on it, maybe.
                        Now thats an idea i like

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                          Here's a better question: how do you de-populate a server? Put Cynic in it. :laugh:
                          was that u in GZR last nite flying the z-10? Thought I saw ur name but i was too busy getting my rox bombing the $hit out the carrier with a j10.

Comment

A lot of good points made. FF off, 64, 64, no rules, vehicles, karkand. That's a server. Drop the ip, and I'll show. There are a few people who like to follow me around so maybe I can help you fill it up now and again.

Comment

FF on is retarded in my opinion. All it does is leave in smacktards and people who punish for accidental TK's.

Comment

Working...
                              X