BF2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Demo

Ok I recently posted a question of "is there a way to un-install a patch?" so I could play some virgin BF2 to see what the game was like back then. I was told to play the demo, well I downloaded the demo from Filefront and now I got this BF2Demo.exe file on my desktop and it wont do anything when I double click it. Is there something special I got to do to run the installer since I already have BF2 on my pc?

Re: BF2 Demo

oh yeah get the demo from another place.

i recently got the demo from filefront and it wouldnt install so i got it from somewhere else and it worked

Comment

whered you get it from, when I googled it the first place listed was C-Net and it was only downloading at like 18kb/second so I tried FF and it was around 750kb/second

any suggestions of where to get it on a high speed download

Comment

dont remmber; i think it was from nvidia

that has the whole list (scroll down)

Comment

DOH!!!

I dont know why I didnt look there first LOL

thanks CV

Comment

^^LOL Gun slinger

Comment

I played the demo last night for 3 hours, man there are some things I loved bout it and things Im glad they did away with. Love the amount of hydras, F35 seemed amazingly FASTER.......I took down every SU I came across and out ran all of them but 1, in 4 straight rounds I was shot down twice (once by AA and once by Jet), even had a guy that was all cocky flying the SU fighter type in as he was chasing me "the F35 is no match your history" and within 2 minutes I had him down. The server was always full, but I thought I read that the demo was for 16 and 32 players, well this was a 50 player server if I remember correctly and like I said, always full. Some good players there to, skill wise, but there is also alot of asshatery like forcing tk's when they didnt get their jet. Man the first time I jumped in a tank and spun the turret around I thought I killed a cat or something, Im glad they got rid of that little squeaky sound. Speaking of sounds, wow they changed alot, most of the sounds now are better but I like a few of the old ones better....like the essex. All in all I had a great gaming experience playing the demo and I will most definetly play it again. Shame it wansnt ranked I went 84-0 in an F-35 my first round.........would have been a new kill streak LOL

BTW
              no filtering so it shows all servers........47 servers running BF2 Demo, 38 of them had players on them

Comment

the map version is limited to only the 16 player and 32 player version, but the servers can have up to 64 ppl. also they modded it a bit. like somehow they did away with the 10 min time limit and got all the unlocks (but no 2nd tier unlocks)

Comment

I am wondering how many servers are out there that are unranked but still on older patch revisions. I have never stopped to filter them out in QTracker.

Comment

Ohh the demo rocks. I play it just as much as the full version. And play Wartech Strategy, great admins, no out of bounds, and the rounds last for about an hour (800 tickets). Its a great server.

Comment

i played the dmeo out in florida,it was pretty wild doing seat changing and not getting locked on when in gunner seat .

Comment

Theres a buttload of cool people on the Demo, the asshattery was probably happening because you were on European peak time and not American peak time. People whom I played with 2 years ago, some of them are still regularily on the Demo, as much as on the retail version. You should check WestCoast. I would hit a round or two again for good times sake but none of my buddies play it anymore and doing single rounds is boring nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                          Theres a buttload of cool people on the Demo, the asshattery was probably happening because you were on European peak time and not American peak time. People whom I played with 2 years ago, some of them are still regularily on the Demo, as much as on the retail version. You should check WestCoast. I would hit a round or two again for good times sake but none of my buddies play it anymore and doing single rounds is boring nowadays.
                          WestCoast was one of the servers I was on. The first server I was on WAS real bad, I pinged high so I took it as a European server, thats where most of the asshattery was. (no offense to my Euro buddies LOL) I played on a few servers and got a good taste of the demo.

Comment

i would prob play more of the demo but im really lazy and i hate how it doesnt have the 1280x1024 resolution in the video settings and i dont feel like doing the suffix thing in the shortcut

Comment

when i play the demo i usually play westcoast its a top server

Comment

Working...
                              X