problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

ok ive been trying to play for some time on an old computer. im pretty sure its just that my computer sux but i can start the game, i can watch the intro movie crystal clear and then it sort of freezes up. sometimes it will let me click on manage accounts etc. but other times it just freezes up after that.

i tried the switch the # for the windowed mode but then the game wouldnt even start and i got this

version: bunch of numbers build date:2006-5-18 time
    module renddx9
    file D;\dicecanada/boosterpack2/code/bf2/renddx9/renddx9init.cpp
    line 509

text failed to find valid format for the windowed mode.

Re: problem

wat are ur system specs?

Comment

ati diamond radoen ( ive looked around and some peps this works other doesnt) 9250 256 mb

256 mb ram problem? probably

dont know where to find processor speed but its low

Comment

Go to start->run, type dxdiag. That will tell you all about your computer. Your video card info is in the display tab, your processor and memory info is in the system tab.

Comment

256 mb ram
          2 gh
          9250 256 ati radeon
          directx 9.0c

Comment

Like you said, 256mb of RAM is very little for BF2, probably doesn't even meet minimum requirements. If you want to play BF2 somewhat smoothly or at least at all, I would recommend getting at least 512mb-1GB of RAM.

Comment

The amount of RAM is not enough, the Video card will MAYBE play it, but probably not well if it does. CPU is probably adequate.

You are likely running out of memory somewhere. Right click on my computer and select properties. Go to "advanced" tab, select settings under the performance area, then click the advanced tab. Under virtual memory, click change, and select "system managed size", or if you have a lot of free space, go to custom size and set the initial size to around 1024 and the max to 2048. See if that makes it any better. This will allow your computer to use the HDD as if it were more RAM. Try singleplayer to see if this works.

Comment

the changing the memory thing made it go all the way to conecting to account server before it frooze

lol
                well is there such thing as a cheap notebook that can play bf2? something around lk 800-1000?

Comment

lol is 800-1000 cheap for u?

anyways the 9200 series is an iffy series when it comes to BF2

if ur card is a PCI card it wont work. (Pci expressx16 is okay)

if ur card is AGP it will work but if it doesnt then you may have to set your AGP speed to 4x

Comment

well 800-1000 is cheap compared to alot of other stuff

so is there a kind of cheap laptop that can play bf2? cuz i travel alot

Comment

Working...
                    X