Disc Defragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Defragments

I have a brand new computer but i still have not done a defrag for windows vista to play BF2. is it best to do it or not? Im still getting a little lag...
    thanks

Re: Disc Defragments

Yes, defragging is good.

Fragmentation is where data is written to different parts of the hard disk platter. This happens because the block the data is written to is not big enough, and thus, the rest of it is saved in a different place.
    Therefore, in order to read the information, the spindle must scan over multiple parts of the hard disk platter to get all the data. By defragging, you are putting these pieces of data next to each other again so the spindle doesn't have to move around as much, hence less lag

A simple program to use would be Windows Defragment tool, however, if you have some spare change look into O&O Defrag tool.

Comment

I'm a defragging freak, and I was surprised by that Vista defragger gives me actually better results than PerfectDisk. General performance in games is better/hitching is completely gone.

Comment

I would recommend Diskeeper Disk Defragmenter, but if the Vista defragger works for this dude then I would go for it.

Comment

Vista defrag should work just fine as it is optimized and you can set it to do it everyday.. such as 3am etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
            Vista defrag should work just fine as it is optimized and you can set it to do it everyday.. such as 3am etc.
            just did. thanks

Comment

Working...
            X