Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacks or am i just losing the small smidgen of skill i once had.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacks or am i just losing the small smidgen of skill i once had.

I had a very interesting experience today. I haven't played much BF2 recently, but i used to be the only person on the server with the M11 87. There were always a couple of people with DAO's and JackHammers but the realm of pump shotguns was pretty exclusively mine. Just before i stopped playing around this time last year a couple other people had started using them as well, but not many.

Today? They were all over the place. I hadn't noticed this many in the last couple of weeks since i started playing again. There was one clan squad equipped with them, one shot killing everyone.

Now i know the pump is a pretty versatile weapon, it can one hit kill at quite long ranges, but there guys were doing it over and over, sometimes at pretty extreme ranges. And about 99% were one shot kills. I think i escaped twice the entire game without dying from one hit.

So, is my miniscule gone, or could they be hacking?

Re: Hacks or am i just losing the small smidgen of skill i once had.

anything's possible

Comment

It seems to me that most likely the circumstances you described would allude them hacking. I have played around with the shotgun series a little bit, and while I too have grown fond of the fact that one-shot kills are pretty easy with them at close to a little farther from close ranges, I have never gotten a one-shot kill shooting at long or even medium ranges. The spread, if not hacked, would prevent such things. Or one would think. So again. imho, I believe you encountered the ubiquitous and devolved hacker.

|X-Fire: Borohir|BF2: Sgt-Hallock| My Stats

- "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon :salute:

Comment

BF2 has been out for ages now. I started using the Eng and sniper kit a LOT more now that I have gotten a bit sick of playing med/assault.

From reading first post, I wouldn't say it was hax. The gun takes skill, practice, decent ping/hitreg to pull off 1 shot kills consistently but there are a lot of experienced players out there that can do it.

Check the range on some of these shots:
        IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Comment

Like i said, when i gave up playing a year ago i was good at it. And i can get quite a few one shot kills. They were doing it every single time. And a group of the same clan.i've played them before and never noticed them using the pumps before.

Comment

I was in a clan server a couple weeks ago where the same thing happened to me. I don't remember their name.. but I do remember the admin being a COL.

Repeatedly dropped me with 1 shot, and I'm not exactly Stevie Wonder in the cqc game.

Comment

Come on guys i have played for quite a while and the pump 1 kill is only good for close range and yes there is a hack for 1 kill on shotguns that seems to be used a lot.
              Why cant punkbuster keep up with the hackers? they seem to be lousy at hacks

Comment

no online fps game is hack free from waht ive seen.

if they were killing guys at "Extreme" ranges with one shot then i guess theyre using some hack, but if its in a map like karkand, the pump shotguns were made just for that map (and other cqc maps)

Comment

It's things like this why I will only play on servers now equipped with Battle Recorder. At least if you are unsure if you were killed in a valid/fair/humane way, you can at least look back through the footage afterwards.

I love using the Jackhammer but I couldn't say for sure if I have 1 shot killed with it before, because it's instinct for me to unload at least 5 shots before I check to see if the enemy is going/gone down.

Comment

I have only seen a few questionable players but I don't pay it much attention. Just change to their team and continue on, they either get banned or votekicked anyway.:laugh:

Comment

The USMC Engineer shotgun is absolutely godly. It one shots all over the place so I doubt they were hacking. Although u say many people were using it, it may have been because that clan was using it in the first place and doing well. This has happened many times when my clan and I go on an infantry only server and mess around with AT. We happen to top the leader board and what do you know? A good number of people start using AT as well. I find it hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by aLi3nZ View Post
                        Check the range on some of these shots:
                        http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/110901.html
                        Anyone know what that song is? /me likes it.

Comment

wow, is it me or do you bunny hop like a fiend? get some skill.

Comment

Originally posted by InViNCiBLe_ View Post
                            wow, is it me or do you bunny hop like a fiend? get some skill.
                            yea because it takes skill to stand still to get killed.

Comment

lol you're defending bunny hopping? you're even worse than he is. where's the skill in jumping to avoid being hit?

Comment

Working...
                              X