Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to play with english audio on US side and French audio on Chinese side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to play with english audio on US side and French audio on Chinese side

post title says it all..

I'm bilingual and would like to play the game with 2 languages I can understand and still recognize what side the voices around me are fighting for..

I know most people simply check the "English VO" audio option that allows them to understand what the commander or other players say but it is at the cost of ignoring WHO is behind the wall when you hear them yell whatever they are yelling for/at.

I believe it would greatly improve my gameplay if I had the choice to play english audio on the US side and the French audio on the other side (be it MEC, Chinese or anything else).

I do have both english and french language packs by the way so the only issue here would be to know if it is technically possible to swap the proper files to allow the gameplay I'm looking for.

thanks a ton for your help!

Re: Is it possible to play with english audio on US side and French audio on Chinese

Nope.

What you can do instead is learn what is being said... Pay attention to the chat text, and on the mini-map, the person who last spoke using the commo-rose will be flashing.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to play with english audio on US side and French audio on Chinese

u should remeber what the voices mean ne wayys

Comment

I don't really understand what you're saying but, can't u just read the text that comes up?

Comment

I think he wants to be able to tell when there is an enemy nearby by hearing him say something with their commo-rose. As for me, Ive just memorized what the other languages mean, like I couldnt tell you now, but if I heard it in-game I could tell you what they are saying.

Comment

thanks for the replies but do you know why it wouldnt be possible to simply modify audio files? would punkbuster consider this as a hack or is it just technically impossible to do such a thing?

Comment

Isn't this just an extension of the edited localization files? I do know that you cannot change the weapon sounds, but I did not try the voices. Make some .ogg files and repack them. Give it a try.

I would like to think that it could be done, but I AM NOT AN EXPERT. I have not tried it. Change at your own risk.

Comment

Give it a try and go online, if you dont get kicked by punkbuster and it works come back here and let us all know

Comment

I would talk to a mod team about this one lad, try AI-X Mod, Sir. , POE, OPK.

Comment

I think you can do it by edditing the localization files but I have no experience with doing any of that stuff. I dont think it would be worth the hassel unless you really know what your doing. Sometimes you can change that stuff and log on only to get banned by PB later.

Comment

Working...
                    X