Best kit for the SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best kit for the SL

As well as a poll, I will make a pros/cons list of each kit for how well each is equipped to lead a squad.

Spec Ops:

Pros- Fast, C4.
    Cons- No armor.
    Overall- Not recommended, lacks body armor to help keep leader alive, proper use of C4 can require advancement into dangerous situations or deep into enemy territory.

Sniper:

Pros- Fast, can use rifle to take out enemies for squad members without getting into the action.
    Cons- No armor, lacks the ability to survive in the heat of combat.
    Overall- Not recommended, although a competent sniper can be effective at supporting a squads attacks from afar, while staying alive in a spot where members can respawn.

Assault:

Pros- Has body armor, can use smoke grenade to cover an advance or signal an ambush type attack, GL, has good weapon for both attacking and self-defence.
    Cons- Slow.
    Overall- Recommended, although this kit cannot heal or supply squad members, this versatile kit can perform well under a variety of conditions.

Support:

Pros- Has a great weapon for laying down suppressive fire as well as attacking/defending/camping, can resupply squad members, has body armor.
    Cons- Slow.
    Overall- Highly recommended, the support kit can deal out serious hurt in both cqc or from afar, ammo bags can resupply squad members.

Engineer:

Pros- Fast, AT mines.
    Cons- No body armor, cannot kill enemies from afar.
    Overall- Not recommended, this kit has nothing going for it to make it a strong kit for a leader.

Medic:

Pros- Fast, can heal or revive squad members/self, good weapon for general killing.
    Cons- No body armor.
    Overall- Recommended, although reviving a fallen squad member may often put an SL in danger, medic packs can help an SL alive, and squad members can also revive a CW medic SL if they know to pick up his kit.

Anti-Tank:

Pros- Has body armor
    Cons- Slow, AT guys will be targeted by armor, their position is revealed when they shoot the missile, not such good all-around weapons, no grenades.
    Overall: Not recommended, using the AT rocket will give away the SL's position.

Re: Best kit for the SL

Good points, I should play support more.

Comment

i like support. reminds me of a time when i was in a squad of snipers in gulf of oman picking off guys on the airfield and we were running our ammo pretty quickly so our SL kept rearming us with his ammmo bags. also useful in a squad of spec ops taking out commander assets.

my 2nd choice would be sniper. if he has to act like a spawn point and not move around, his sniper rifle can be used a binoculars, and his claymores can his hold the position

Comment

sniper FTW

Comment

Sniper, that way they are mostly back from the frontline and you have a safe spawn, however you run the risk of giving away the snipers position.

Comment

Medic or support.

Comment

SL should be AT, cuz half of the games you play, no1 likes being AT.

Comment

AT soldiers are usually put in high risk situations, I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                X