This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is this game lame?

I think you dont realize that this game is dead as far as EA is concerned, and i am not talking about realism, remember i just said i play quake.

Anyways, its about consistency, which BF2 has nada in the area of ballistics/hit detection. This is why it will just die soon, there is no serious competition community for it anymore, but it was never meant to be a competition/league game in the first place, it was made for ppl who are bad at FPS(not everyone, but c'mon the support class is like training wheels, pfff proximity claymores?) anyone can go into it and come out decently, however games like CS, Unreal, COD2, and soon CoD4, take alot more skill (remember i am not talking vehicles) to stay competitive. In these games there is no random bullet spread, no roll the dice body armor, etc., these games keep it simple just you a gun and an enemy, the one with the best reflexes and steadiness, wins.

Though BF2 can be alot of fun, and i did enjoy it alot at one time, it will never be a game to judge ones gaming skills.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls!

However i must agree with you on the cheaters. I'm part of 2 pretty well respected clan, they won the nationals not so long ago. However i caught one of the better players glitching into the hotel flag on Karkand. And he wasn't even doing it intelligently. Eventually he was the only guy left on our side. About 30 people sent go screen shots. Asshat

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by COD4ftw View Post
          I think you dont realize that this game is dead as far as EA is concerned, and i am not talking about realism, remember i just said i play quake.

Anyways, its about consistency, which BF2 has nada in the area of ballistics/hit detection. This is why it will just die soon, there is no serious competition community for it anymore, but it was never meant to be a competition/league game in the first place, it was made for ppl who are bad at FPS(not everyone, but c'mon the support class is like training wheels, pfff proximity claymores?) anyone can go into it and come out decently, however games like CS, Unreal, COD2, and soon CoD4, take alot more skill (remember i am not talking vehicles) to stay competitive. In these games there is no random bullet spread, no roll the dice body armor, etc., these games keep it simple just you a gun and an enemy, the one with the best reflexes and steadiness, wins.

Though BF2 can be alot of fun, and i did enjoy it alot at one time, it will never be a game to judge ones gaming skills.
          The more you talk, the more apparent it becomes that you really haven't played BF2 very much. Or you haven't played BF2 enough to be any good at it.

There is plenty of skill involved in BF2, but it's not the same skills needed to excel at CS:S or other similar shooters. Don't confuse different skill sets with no skill sets.

Just because you can run into a room in CS:S and bunnyhop and twitch faster than everyone else doesn't mean you are going to be good at BF2. Similarly being able to pick people off at range with the BF2 guns doesn't mean anything in CS:S because hardly any of the maps have any kind of distance whatsoever between you and your enemy.

While the cone of fire might make things a bit easier for new players, the people that have been playing this game for years have mastered it. Go back to the CoD4 forums and tell them BF2 is alive and well. While you're at it you can also be sure to point out that there are 22k people playing BF2 right now and only 18k playing CoD2. You can also mention that BF2 is 5 months older. Trust me that BF2 is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Comment

geez COD4ftw grow up or get out. We dont need BF haters here, by the looks of your user name your a fan of CoD4 good for you go praise about it on Total CoD 4 not troll here

Comment

Working...
            X