Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes a server popular?

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
    I don`t know about the majority of BF2 players but I hate 1 round servers. For some people it takes half the timelimit to load the bloody map in the first place, and some want to play on both sides during the same map.

in PR 1 round per map makes sence, but not in BF2 imo.
    We've been considering changing that as well, since the majority of servers do indeed run 2 rounds per map.

Comment

If you're gonna rotate maps do a 24/7 City Maps (Mashtuur, Sharqi, Karkand) with 3 rounds each.

Comment

i wouldn't run less than 3 rounds a map

Comment

Randomize, randomize, randomize.

I can't tell you how many times I've played on a clan server where the teams are stacked, and since there's no randomizing, the same team keeps on raping no matter what army they are. I've stopped playing on some respected clans' servers because of that. Pretty lame.

Especially when one side is virtually all clanmates and they actually work as a team, when you're stuck on a team with a bunch of 'tards.`

Comment

2 rounds per map minimum IMO. Let's both sides get a chance at both armies and that is especially important on maps that feature the uber-powerful J10.

Comment

I know someone has mentioned it before, but one round per map? Why? Some games load very slowly. I've entered a mashtuur map with every base besides gas station taken. Most annoying.

One thing my favourite server used to do was run two rounds map rotations, and each round it forced a team switch. One us, next enemy. Gave you both flavours. IIRC it only used to switch between rounds, but it used to randomise each new map. Used to shake things up.

Comment

Should I ever stop being a lazy jerkoff, and come into the ownership of a server, it'd contain the following:

- 64 player size.

- 64 player maps only.

- Full rotation of Special Forces maps. Starting with Ghost Town to fill the server up.

- Four rounds per map, with two or more rotations of Warlord, Iron Gator and Ghost Town in between the regular rotation, to keep the server's numbers high. Perhaps inbetween maps like Devil's Perch and Leviathan, we'll split them in half, making it something like 2 Devil's Perch, 2 Warlord, 2 Leviathan, 2 Ghost Town, 2 Devil's Perch, 2 Warlord, 2 Leviathan.

- Helicopter maps will not be consecutively played, So Ghost Town, Iron Gator and Leviathan will have a non-helicopter stage in between. This is to ensure that helicopter whores don't overwhelm the server population, without having to duke it out on the ground for a couple rounds too. This also gives the less-skilled helicopter players to actually have a chance. There are plenty of 24/7 Sharqi/Dalian servers the true helicopter pilots can whore on. We're trying to attract the masses here; not the helipad campers.

- Team Randomization at the start of each map will be on. It will also be enforced (team switching) by admins. One or two clanners are very welcome to play together at all times, but not if they wanna bring four or more of their buddies to absolutely dominate the server until they get bored.

- Auto-kick for 3 punishes. Instant ban for Red-lining. Instant Kick for M95 ejecting. Language barrier removed, and swearing is encouraged. Tea bagging is encouraged. Whining will result in kicks, never bans.

- Admins will 'never' kick somebody for 'thinking' they're cheating. Instead they will be instructed on how to take Punk Buster screen-shots.

- Server will run Punk Buster's Master Ban list.

- No lame house rules since I probably won't make a clan. If I do make a clan, and they're anti-bunny hopping, anti-solo'ing, or anti-jihad jeeping... screw them anyways. They can go to hell, and join some other clan

- Server will register at 0 ping on the server search engines, so more over-seas players keep it populated at all times of the day.

Meh... Too much work if you ask me. I'll just troll around on other people's servers.

Comment

I can't speak for the general public because I'm different, but I like the 24/7 servers (except Karkand), preferably 64 map with 16-32 players. Too bad that there aren't too many 24/7 servers left on the SF maps I've been playing lately. I hate servers with 2 rounds per map. When I'm into certain map, I wanna play that map only, not switching maps the whole time. 5 rounds per map should be minimum.

Comment

5 rounds of the same thing over and over again would chase me away. Sometimes i do admit 2 rounds is too short, but 5?

Comment

I like playing the same map for a while. It makes more sense to me to change servers if I get tired of the same map, then change servers so I can play the same map again.

Comment

Language barrier removed, and swearing is encouraged. Tea bagging is encouraged. Whining will result in kicks, never bans.
                        Sweet, I can get the F-U from the dead guy, then teabag him,lol.Dairuka has been posting some good stuff lately. First it was the how to run a clan post, then this. Good Stuff

Comment

If you cant have genuine laid back fun, what can you have?

Comment

imo never have rules like no c4/clays, because that ruins a server for me. My fav kit is sniper and when i "forget" about the no clay rules i get kicked and i would never go back to that server again. Also i think the no bunnyhopping rules is stupid, they made it so you cant shoot and jump so why cant you jump about like bugs bunny. I also find no commaning and fighting a fair rule, most people will obey that rule and you get few idiots who dont.

And as a map suggestion, a 64 size 24/7 mashtuur with max 32 players. I love mashtuur but i can never find any server

Comment

Originally posted by lbmarshall View Post
                              imo never have rules like no c4/clays, because that ruins a server for me. My fav kit is sniper and when i "forget" about the no clay rules i get kicked and i would never go back to that server again. Also i think the no bunnyhopping rules is stupid, they made it so you cant shoot and jump so why cant you jump about like bugs bunny. I also find no commaning and fighting a fair rule, most people will obey that rule and you get few idiots who dont.

And as a map suggestion, a 64 size 24/7 mashtuur with max 32 players. I love mashtuur but i can never find any server

Indeed. No BS rules.

Don't outlaw jihad jeeps, make "waiting lines" for vehicles, attacks on the carrier, ramming, etc. If it's not glitching, it should be allowed.

Comment

Dairuka, two questions that you may or may not know the answer to...
                                How do you make ping show up as zero?
                                How do you get the server to only randomize teams on map change?

I'm particularly interested in that 2nd one if you know how it's done.

Comment

Working...
                                X