Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics card recommendation

Hi there,

I'm looking at upgrading my graphics card. The one I have right now is an ATI X1300PRO 256mb AGP. I kind of like GeForce better based on previous experiences but I will stay with ATI if need be.

I am looking at either an ATI X1650 Pro 512MB , or the GeForce 7800GS 256MB.

Which of the above two will provide the best performance and the most significant difference in graphic quality for game play.

Thanks

Re: Graphics card recommendation

7800GS for sure. But try to get an x1950 Pro.

Comment

Is the performance of the 7800GS way better than the X1650 then? I was just talking to the store guys and they told me other wise , but assuming the internet reviews are right. The 7600GT is slightly better than the X1650 so I would assume the 7800GS is better.

Well I run everything on low/medium now. What would I be able to run the game on with a 7800GS

**I use AGP cards**

Any other opinions? X1650 or GeForce 7800GS?

Comment

Other specs? My 7600GT runs the game very nicely, could be better as always though. So I would think a 7800GS would do quite well.

Comment

how much r u willing to spend?

Comment

I recommend the 7800GS. Although to make sure you don't bottleneck you should post your other system specs like CPU, RAM, etc. Assuming you don't bottleneck, the 7800GS should be at least three times better than your current video card according to 3DMark06 Benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
            X