Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-tank missiles against vehicles

Hi all,

On 2 occasions on Wake, I was run over by a HMMWV and one of those fast little go-kart things, and on both occasions I saw the person coming towards me and had opportunity to fire off my anti-tank weapon at them (hitting them both times), but it did not destroy them and I got killed.

Does anyone know why this may be? Apart from "you clearly suck..." etc...

Re: Anti-tank missiles against vehicles

BF2 lag compensation...

I forget but you have to hit it from the side, as if you were TVing them.

Comment

aim for the driver with your rifle if it's one of these "go-karts" :-)

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions fellas!

Comment

The hit detection with AT missiles on fast moving buggies and jeeps is very buggy. What works most reliably is fire the missile AWAY from the buggie. NOT directly at it. Then guide it into the buggy. This works most consistently. I normally have the small circle just off the vehicle. I think it then registers as a side hit.

Comment

Its a DICE glitch, DPV's have a strange hitbox. Just move or lay down, wait for a second pass.. Pull out the MP5, and blast away

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback View Post
              The hit detection with AT missiles on fast moving buggies and jeeps is very buggy. What works most reliably is fire the missile AWAY from the buggie. NOT directly at it. Then guide it into the buggy. This works most consistently. I normally have the small circle just off the vehicle. I think it then registers as a side hit.
              I've had the best luck with a similar method.

Wait until the vehicle passes you (if you're still alive) and fire at it then.
              HMMWV's, Vodnicks, and the Chinese ice cream truck (can't remember the name) are all very easy to hit with this method assuming you're halfway competent at guiding the AT rockets.

FAV's, DPV's, and other smaller / faster vehicles can be quite tricky to hit just because of the speed and the smaller profile they present, but it can be done.

Of all the AT rounds I've sent towards the front of a vehicle, I've found that aiming for one of the front tire yields the best results, but even that only works about 50% of the time.

Comment

also, one AT missile at a humvee isnt enuff to destroy it. itll set it on fire which gives the driver the oppurtunity to bail out and itll eventually explode but the missiel wont destroy it when it first hits

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                  also, one AT missile at a humvee isnt enuff to destroy it. itll set it on fire which gives the driver the oppurtunity to bail out and itll eventually explode but the missiel wont destroy it when it first hits
                  Which is also retarded on so many levels.
                  What the hell were they thinking?

Comment

when u wanna hit the driver u miss, when ur randomly shooting at it, FRICKEN HEADSHOT, wtf is with that.

Comment

Yeah, one hit on a Humvee may either kill it on contact or set it on fire. A DPV should die from one hit though.

Comment

bad hit detection, BF2 and alot of other FPS's are full of it,
                        but as some people has said, aim at the side or to the rear and guide the missile into the vehicles and that will count as a no-armor shot and it does more damage then hitting the front armor plated side.

and i agree, a DPV and FAV should explode in 1 rocket shot, as they are more open then the Humvee and the pla van.

Comment

I think anywhere in the cab region e.g like a headshot on infantry, should take them out but in the rear then should set on fire as they do already.

I know other players get this problem, past threads on the subject, when firing at a vehicle clattering towards you if its close the SRAW/ERYX goes straight through and doesnt damage the vehicle allowing them to plow over you.

Comment

Find a server you ping well(low) to and just use the same one, tis what i do when i venture into the retard-fest that is ranked bf2.

Comment

Nothings funnier than hitting a driver full on in a face with a rocket and watching his vehicle slowly come to a stop infront of you.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X