Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Styles?

Hey, fellow twitchers.

Just a quickie poll on fighting styles. How'd you like it? Hot n crispy, or cold as that first beer of a Friday night?

One choice only.

Me? I love wading in like a punch drunk townie outside the chippie. :shakehead:

Re: Fighting Styles?

I like to get in the middle of things makes the game alot more fun .

Comment

Depends on my mood.

Comment

sneakopscope ftw

Comment

Im more of a "speak softly" player, in that I dont get all aggressive and rush in. That style of play usually gets you mowed down. As Dairuka has said, make the enemy fight you on your terms, and you will almost always win. Im not afraid to retreat if I know I dont have at least a 75 percent chance of killing the enemy. Something I like to do if Im pinned down, outgunned, or way out numbered is throw a grenade (this buys me time becuase the enemy is forced to either move or be blown up), and retreat out of sight if I can. As soon as that nade explodes, I pop back out and mow down all the people who thought I ran for good or were chasing after me. Not rushing in all the time will keep you alive longer, and help you get more kills.

Comment

why does everbody forget the "all the above" option? depends on my mood, day, mapp, sometimes enemy. i play all them depending on those.

Comment

My style is drunk.

Wherever that takes me is between me and zen.

Comment

Usually I'm a "go in and fu** 'em all up" type player, but other times I like to snipe and be somewhat covert.

Comment

I'm more of a covert player so I snipe a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB View Post
                    As Dairuka has said, make the enemy fight you on your terms, and you will almost always win.
                    I likes what I hears.

Comment

Anyone of you remember that screen in Predator 2, where Glover and the FBI spec ops crew is watching the Predator circling around the groupd up targets? Thats similar to how I play. I dont rush into flag areas unless I know that during that push, were going to take it. So I just circle the area, taking out as much people as I can staying as safe as I can, staying in areas with maximum potential to back off if needed. Im kind of a coward, I dont like to die. The thing is also, I get disoriented in wide and open areas, Im good with areas with clear limitations and borners. Ironically, city maps is where I do best as infantry...

Comment

I'll get in yoru face,im not afraid to charge your ***,because chances are your reloading or healing yourself,but i do know when to pick my battles.

Comment

In my general experience, the only ones who can get away with point blank, in your face charging are the professionals.

I'm no professional, so I can't rely on my twitch-skill to win me fights with otherwise un-winnable odds.

Thats why I've adopted a fighting style that I call, "Picador"

Picadors are bullfighters who use lances while on horseback to test the bull's strength, and to provide clues on how the bull thinks. He literally pins and needles the bull to death by lodging his many lances into the bull's body.

The reason I call my fighting style "Picador", is because that is precisely how I play. I take cover, and I take pot shots at my enemy until they throw a grenade, hide to use a medic pack, or blindly charge me.

Professionals almost always throw a medic pack down, while in the process of charging me. This gives me many chances in spite of his medic packs laying around, to lower his health down to a point with dozens of pot shots that he'll either give up his charge to heal, or he'll die in a point blank confrontation with me, even if he has vastly superior aim. I'd only need 1 lucky shot, while he'll need 3-4 skillfully precise shots. The reference to the horse that a Picador uses could be used to explain why I prefer to use the more mobile sprinters. (Spec Ops, Sniper, Medic) for this style of gaming. Being able to get somewhere fast is a very large bonus in this game. It means that you'll be the one who gets the flag capture instead of the assist, and it means that you'll be the one who gets into cover position first, while your enemy is stuck out in the open.

If worse comes to worse, being able to sprint longer, also means you can bunny hop to safety, without running completely out of stamina.

Comment

^--- uh... ok?

I usually check the radar/area then bumrush.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                              sneakopscope ftw
                              with some niice food , and a sixpack =) :yay:

Comment

Working...
                              X