download mod w/o lossing BF2 stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download mod w/o lossing BF2 stats

Some might be aware of this mod trick but, here it goes.
    you don't want to lose your BF2 progress (ie; unlocks/ rank) do this.
    Copy/ Paste your BF2 folder, and rename it, like BF2PR(or something). Remember to keep it in the same area that you found it ( EA folder, if you have more than one EA game)
    Go to the Mod you want, save it to the copy, not the original (look for the installer in the new downloaded folder) Gotta do that right!. The Mods work just fine, they even work with the desktop icons provided during the install, and you don't lose anything in your BF2 game, and you get your Mod.:yay:
    Learned this from the Praetorians over at the Total War forums, by the way...Rome Total realism Rocks!:salute:

Re: download mod w/o lossing BF2 stats

Off topic: Is Medieval 2 total realism out?

Comment

i dont get it..since when did u lose ur stats in BF2 for installing a mod?

Comment

Yeah... Nothing gets lost in your stats if you play a mod...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
          No.

On topic: You don't lose your stats when playing a mod, because stats are in the master server...

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
            Yeah... Nothing gets lost in your stats if you play a mod...
            i've dowloaded (tried) about 10mods so far, never lost my stats

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
              99 % positve...I think

sorry, my bad, I had tried to do the patch for Pr, instructions said delete all prior versions. The idiot I was I didn't save the mod to my PC:shakehead: So I was "ah ****" :hmm:what do I do now, I was trying to figure it out. Ranting on the forum about it, some dude said re-install all BF2, BF2 patch, then the Mod & patch. No thanks, I don't have alot of rank, but 50+ hours and a SSG, is still but 50+ hours and a SSG. So I remembered how to re-install the mod instead of all, so you see, the advice I got, which I've seen more than once is kinda jacked up, and kinda wrong, just thought I'd share an alternative method.
              But, you all are absolutely right, do right the first time, and you lose nothing, however you you take the meat-head path, such as I did:shakehead: you can lose alot if led astray.
              Didn't mean to confuse anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffi Java
                99 % positve...I think

sorry, my bad, I had tried to do the patch for Pr, instructions said delete all prior versions. The idiot I was I didn't save the mod to my PC:shakehead: So I was "ah ****" :hmm:what do I do now, I was trying to figure it out. Ranting on the forum about it, some dude said re-install all BF2, BF2 patch, then the Mod & patch. No thanks, I don't have alot of rank, but 50+ hours and a SSG, is still but 50+ hours and a SSG. So I remembered how to re-install the mod instead of all, so you see, the advice I got, which I've seen more than once is kinda jacked up, and kinda wrong, just thought I'd share an alternative method.
                But, you all are absolutely right, do right the first time, and you lose nothing, however you you take the meat-head path, such as I did:shakehead: you can lose alot if led astray.
                Didn't mean to confuse anybody.
                even complet uninstall of bf2 will not take away your stats, they are there. when u reinstall & get to the login you hit that button "retrieve account" & just enter in your info.

did u get the PR to work? best freakin mod out there IMO. its really worth the trouble.
                gotta read the manual before pay though, it is way different that regular vanilla.

Comment

Oh, you mean without losing your profiles and configs?

They're stored in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles :laugh:

Comment

This thread should be deleted for being complete and utter horse****
                    Mods in no way affect your BF2 stats

Comment

He probably got the rank bug for one round and thought he lost his rank xD.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
                        even complet uninstall of bf2 will not take away your stats, they are there. when u reinstall & get to the login you hit that button "retrieve account" & just enter in your info.

did u get the PR to work? best freakin mod out there IMO. its really worth the trouble.
                        gotta read the manual before pay though, it is way different that regular vanilla.
                        Yes I did get PR going good again...find an Moderator and delete this thread then, I won't be butt hurt, but I will promise to never post a thread drunk again:shakehead:

Comment

Working...
                        X