Avoiding Jet missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding Jet missiles

Hey dudes, I am trying to learn to fly a jet and I have the bombing almost down pat but I cannot seem to kill other jets with my missiles or EVER avoid theirs, any tips?

Re: Avoiding Jet missiles

when you hear the bad noisy thingy hit x and move your mouse like your hand is having a seizure

Comment

Originally posted by DTPleeoswald View Post
      when you hear the bad noisy thingy hit x and move your mouse like your hand is having a seizure
      lol that rarely works.

Black you might want to do a search. There are several topics on this subject that offer helpful tips. Look for user 3RMob or something like that. He's posted alot of good tips.

Comment

get a joystick it makes flying alot easier. What I like to do is try and do a U-turn while doing multiple barrel roles and moving up and down. Sounds vauge but just do whatever you can too shake off the missiles along with drooping your flares. also slow down abit so that they will pass you up and then come in from behind them.

But if your in the F-35 your best option would be to press then E button then franticly hit around for the 9.

Comment

for avoiding..if ur in a F35B fighting against a J10, hit E to eject. 9/10 times u will get shot down. its the game..not u. but other than that, i would hit X (for flares) after waiting a few seconds after u hear the lock tone. if ur lucky, the person would have already fired the missiles and hten the flares would lead them away.

Comment

I like when u turn your plane upside down then pull back on the joystick causing you to do a turn straight down, then you go all sideways and do crazy squiggles and stuff until you lose them.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh, and one more thing, is it that all the other planes are WAAY more agile and always evade my missles or am i doing something wrong.

Comment

Try doing the old Top Gun route. If their own your tail, and your in the F35B. Press that E key like theres no tomorrow..!! But, if you want to try to stick it out, slam those airbrakes (throttle down) go straight up, then come down on his rear (now apply afterburners and throttle up) and get a lock and fire!

But..... F35B = Press E like theres no tomorrow and hit that 9 key aswell!

Comment

Your best bet is Alt+F4. Works everytime.

Comment

Most good pilots will tell you not to use your missles. Fly in bombing mode so your search radar doesn't alert your target, line up on their 6 with your guns, and blast away. Once you've got him freaking out, then perhaps slam a missle up his tail pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                      Most good pilots will tell you not to use your missles. Fly in bombing mode so your search radar doesn't alert your target, line up on their 6 with your guns, and blast away. Once you've got him freaking out, then perhaps slam a missle up his tail pipe.
                      Quoeted for teh truthness...except u should never use your missiles...MG ftw

Comment

My clan use to be in flighter sims before we took to BF2. obviously as stated in this thread the J10 is overpowered but the F35 can be effective if used correctly just like other jets. E.g. With a bomber you dont really want to be tallying a fighter so as a bomber you would remain high and only fly over populated areas or into an area which you know is manned by enemey jets to make a bombing run.

Back on subject;

Lets class all pilots as competent, meaning, they will give you as good as you get. Therefore if im in a J10, i know i can fly around freeley, past AA's into areas i know have mobile AA's and busy skies because i know with the speed of the J10 i can easily dodge the missile simply by dumping my flares and gaining altitutde. By altitude i mean, to maximum ceiling height before you start to stall (find this out for yourself).

A F35 is much more different, i fly that jet and engage enemey jets with guns first, i will fly high constantly staying out of direct line of site of other jets best i can, i will only dive to make a bomb drop, kill AA, straffe or engage another fighter jets. Therefore im always trying to have the eliment of suprise. Sometimes i fly the J10 like this, but a lot of the time its not needed.

The key to avoiding missiles is to get to know roughly where there being fired from. If its from a static AA then point your jet directly away (go the opposite direction) from the target doing soft barrel rolls. Let the missile lock onto you, then when the tone changes you know the missile has been fired. Wait a few seconds and then release flares, at this point you should A, be two far away from him to be shot at again and B, know roughly where he has fired from. I will then climb to my maximum ceiling altitude, turn around and dive down directly ontop of him and either gun or release bombs to kill him.

If in an F35 against a J10, like i said the key is to fly at high altitude, stay well away! If you engage the only way you will have a fighting chance is to fly slower then him making your turn radius small, e.g. your more or less hitting the brakes and letting him fly by every time, and each time he flys by you take somthing out of him with guns or try a missile shot. The best way is to dive on your opponenet, without him seeing, with bombs selected that way he wont here hes being locked onto, once your right up close switch to missiles, gun him, and fire missiles you should kill the J10. Stealth is always the best tactic.

One key thing i can also tell you is pay attention to how long it takes flares to recharge. So that if you found you had to dump flares because an AA fire at you but you managed to avoid the missiles, just stay clear of that AA and any others you know of on the map untill, you got flares back again. This will keep you longer in the air and give you more time to actually kill somthing.

Dont just fire missiles because you have lock! Give them a helping hand to hit the target, use "lead" pursuit. Point you nose of your jet ahead or infront of where he is going to be. You missile then doesnt have to turn as much (and in a simulator use up more fuel) to actually hit the target. Also, tease your opponenet into releasing his flares, keep him locked but dont fire untill hes wasted his flares, once your targeting device locks back onto his jet then fire! Fire one at a time and only try and fire when hes roughly in a straight line, otherwise help the missile like i said.

This might help you, give it a try...

Comment

Some good tips there by fulconarrow.
                          After only recently trying to master the jets, and after reading many guides, watching vids etc. i have picked up quite a bit of knowledge.

Now i have 40 hours in a jet and getting better all the time. Can even risk taking on the J-10 using similar tactics described above.

So apart from practise, practise, practise, take these tips on board.

A joystick is a must, and use rear view and fly by as much as possible. When using rear view, with a jet locked onto you, you can avoid them a lot easier, as you know in which direction they are coming from. If you can barrell roll and turn away from the oncoming missle, even in the F-35 you can avoid missiles.

Comment

You will not kill a good j10 pilot except by accident or if he is seriously hurt. He will look behind every 5-10 secs. Following j10 in any other jet is also not possible for more than a few turns

Comment

Depends what you mean by good. Good to you might be mediocre to someone else. At the end of the day everyone may "argue" they were killed by "accident". There are different ways of doing things but at the end of a day A kill is a kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X