BF2 Won't Start Up. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Won't Start Up. Help?

I just bought an 8800GTS, and since I have installed it, BF2 will not start up. I can pop the disk in and the little menu will come up, and once I click "Play Battlefield 2" I get the large image of the tank in Karkand. After that the screen goes black (supposedly loading) and then shows my desktop at a resolution of 1024*768 (my normal resolution is 1280*1024), and then goes back to desktop. I check the processes, and BF2.exe is nowhere to be found.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions?

**I've tested it with McAfee turned on / off. No difference. I know the usual explanation for this is that my firewall is blocking it. It isn't.

Re: BF2 Won't Start Up. Help?

Delete the map Battlefield 2 in My Documents..

Booting BF without this map is like booting BF for the first time.

The startup-issue you having is due the cache files in that map. All your "old" settings from your other GFX-card are saved in there. So you just can't boot BF with a new card when you have the settings saved from your old card.

Note:
    After deleting this map BF will start with standard settings..
    If you don't wish to put your contolls back in, you need to back-up your controll settings first.
    Go to: My Documents > Battlefield 2 > Profiles > 0001 > controlls.con
    After you logged in again in BF, exit the game and put the controll.con file back where it belongs..

:salute:

Comment

Working...
    X