What makes BF2 so great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes BF2 so great?

I think it's just that no matter how long you play it there will always be other people who are better than you. I also think it's a great game because of all the different ways you can play it. And even though people say the stats system ruins teamwork, I don't think BF2 would be a very successful game without the stats system and there would be nobody to have teamwork with. Also, once you play the game for a while, you realize that you need to work with other people to get revives, capped flags, etc. and getting points just becomes second nature.

Comment

The idiots that over power the game and communities supporting the game.
      They're wonderful!

Comment

It's an addiction, like gambling.

Goes good with cigarettes too.

Comment

Best thing about BF2: The mods. Effectively, many games in one.

Comment

Fastroping off a Blackhawk.

Comment

lol that would own^. I think it would be cool if you could jumpp on a tank and throw a gernade inside. (Player inside would have time to throw back out.)

Anyway, as stated its th mix of arcade and relism, the want to impeove stats, and the general fun you can have with the game.

Comment

What hooked me was the semi real gameplay.

While getting hit with a .50 cal and running away isn't real, nor is repairing said .50cal hit with a Defib pad, mostly it's real world physics.

Couple of hits and you are down, Jump off tall building you die, no multi rocket hits to the chest and you live, semi realistic weapons (30 rounds limited mags against "magic bag of bullet and 100 round nail guns).

The kits are also fairly well balanced. There are always one or two inconsistencies, but look at Battlefield Vietnam. LAW launcher and an M60. Did anyone ever play anything else?

Real world-ish weapons and vehicles.

Unfortunately with this much "realism" compared to other games I get fairly het up when illogical game play things happen instead of what would happen IRL.

Stats were ok, but I gave up worrying about them when they started with things like "400 hours in kit"

KBK

Comment

Whiners, I mean it`s awesome to piss someone off constantly teabagging, noobtubing or claymoring his ***.

the semi real gameplay
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by Manick
                    I'd hate to, in a sense, ninja the threads topic of discussion... But a thread I was thinking of making would be too similar for me to warrant creating above this one.

But, could anyone answer to me, why so few people converted from BF2 to BF2142? And why there is almost always 3x more BF2 servers than BF2142 servers. I personally find 2142 way more enjoyable, for many reasons. The one defining trait I love about this game and have not seen much of in any other game though, is the air combat. That is why I still play it.
                    For me and many others, I'm just not into future based games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                      For me and many others, I'm just not into future based games.
                      Same here.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, if anyone knows somewhere that gives a detailed description of the gameplay /+ stats systems thats would be great!

(And anything else helpful)

Comment

Havnt read post so dont know if mention.

BF2 is 4 games in one really.

Infrantry only - normal infrantry whore maps.
                          Infrantry on vehical maps, very satisfying at times
                          Ground vehicals
                          Air vehicals.

I was so amazed flying on bf2 because it is so different to ground pounding.

Stats as said before, and possibly one of the most important factors, a sense of pride.
                          Becomming say a colonel is very satisfying and almost feels like a purpose. This sounds retarded but look at RPGs such as world of warcraft, people take pride in their characters. Exactly the same on BF2.

Also based a fair bit on real life, and focuses on online play.

Comment

being able to kill people in explosions is fun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                              For me it's dynamic gameplay. No matter how many times I've played a certain map, it never gets old b/c every game is different. Unlike other games that I quickly grow tired of, I never tire of BF2. It was the same way with BF42. I've bought dozens of games over the past 5 years and every one of them is on the shelf gathering dust right now.

And when I do eventually get tired of it, there are always the mods.
                              ^^^ i think mods is the best thing, for me anyway.

i mean actuall gamers who play & knew what would be nice can add to this game is awsome. some of the mods are so killer they ought to be a game all by thereself.

i been thru 3 accounts on bf2 , i would get bored having all unlocks & stat medals & just start over for fun, and now i have made the switch to mods & love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X