Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA unloading/uninstalling

Ok,

Can anybody give me a reasonable explanation for why it takes BF2, and EA games (MOHA) in general so much time to unload while loading into a server, or uninstall?

I mean, after being 30% loaded into a game, I hit unload. It takes almost twice as long for it to unload as it would for me to let it finish loading and then exit.

Same with uninstalling, I'm uninstalling MOH:A at the moment, and it's been stuck on "gathering required info" for uninstall for over 15 minutes (and I don't have a crappy computer).

Do they hope that by making it take forever, you won't actually complete the unload/uninstall so you continue to play the game?

It's crazy, and it is extremely annoying.

Re: EA unloading/uninstalling

You don't hit "unload", you hit ALT+F4.

Comment

Haha *adds length so it posts*

Comment

No, really.

Comment

YOU DONT UNLOAD... u get the lighter fluid... and poor it onto your rig... then use a match accordingly... works every time ive heard... try it and get back to me

Comment

^ Didn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz
              Ok,

Can anybody give me a reasonable explanation for why it takes BF2, and EA games (MOHA) in general so much time to unload while loading into a server, or uninstall?

I mean, after being 30% loaded into a game, I hit unload. It takes almost twice as long for it to unload as it would for me to let it finish loading and then exit.

Same with uninstalling, I'm uninstalling MOH:A at the moment, and it's been stuck on "gathering required info" for uninstall for over 15 minutes (and I don't have a crappy computer).

Do they hope that by making it take forever, you won't actually complete the unload/uninstall so you continue to play the game?

It's crazy, and it is extremely annoying.
              I noticed that if you hit escape 2 times right when the map starts to load, it will exit almost immediately, but you are right, if you let it load for a little bit longer, it will take you much longer to unload the map than load it. I guess it's like that because of the crappy engine.

Comment

You know what grinds my gears...

Comment

ALT+F4's the way to go if you're past 50% sadly.

EDIT: Or you could finish loading and exit.

Comment

as for uninstalling ...it also takes a wicked long time to install + add patch. i think the patch takes like 30min for me

Comment

Working...
                    X