Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Re-Install Question - Saving My Existing Control Config?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Re-Install Question - Saving My Existing Control Config?

OK Peeps, quick question for you. I have to totally re-install BF2 because of the PB issues, but don't want to manually have to reconfigure all my controls, video and audio settings.

It's been a while since I installed BF2 (2 years ago?) so my question is aren't there files I can save now with my current install (controls.con, among others) that after I reinstall BF2 from scratch I can just copy over and then have my config back and everything as it was?

If this is possible could you guys be kind enough to let me know what folders / files (I think there is some critical ones in My Documents as well?) I should save before re-intalling then put them back in when I'm done? This of course assumes it's even possible.

Again the purpose of all this is to save me at least an hour in re-configuring all my controls upon install.

Thanks as always.

Re: BF2 Re-Install Question - Saving My Existing Control Config?

Sure we can, but do you really want it though..?

OK controlls is no problem, but i recommend to put your video/audio settings back in manually, due possible bugs..

I got an extra harddisk and I too have the contoll.con file saved externally.. Hell yeah that is handy..

You can find it here: My Documents > Battlefield 2 > Profiles > 0001 ( or 0002 etc) > controlls.con

After reinstall, boot BF, login and exit again.. After that the map Battlefield 2 is replaced in my documents and you are able to put the controlls.con file back where it belongs..:salute:

-EDIT-

Camperstrike is right, I tought you were reinstalling whole windows..
    If you're only reinstalling BF it should be no problem..

Comment

Yes, you can keep the whole My Docs\BF2 folder.

As for the shader cache, delete the Mods folder in My Docs\BF2 (not the mods folder in Program Files\BF2) and it'll be alright.

Comment

Thanks guys! Anything othe folders/files I should keep from my current install or is this basically it?

EDIT: Yes to be clear, I"m simply reinstalling BF2 here, not my entire windows system.

Danka.

Comment

That's it...

You're welcome..:salute:

Comment

Working...
          X