Im confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im confused

Well here's whats going on, i'll post my computer specs underneath. Now, a while back i had a problem with " there is a problem with your connection messages every 60 seconds and i remember alot of people telling me its my router". It was not the issue and i am 98 percent sure its not here either.

My problem is my high ping rates on battlefield. Now i know this is not due to my router or my packet loss. I rang my isp everythings fine. I disconnected from my router everything is fine. I play on australian servers everythings fine. Now at first i thought, yeah its probably just because its in another country blah blah. BUT... then i realised, i play counterstrike in like japan and all kinds of crazy places and get like a ping of 12! Now how can i get a ping of 12 in counterstrke and such a high ping in battlefield, i know its a bigger game but theres no way that if i have a ping rate of 12 in that game its like 350 in battlefield 2 right.

I have recently been reading up and apprently there is many fixes to this, there are tweaks etc. What i want to know is, what can i do? I dont mind playing on australian servers but i want to be able to access them all and not have to worry about being kicked off the server for a high ping rate. All contributions are welcome!

Also dudes, apparently, tweaking the maximum and minimum amount of packet flow (MTU) can increase peformance dramitcally. I will also add that lagg is not my problem, sometimes i can have a ping of 300 and get absolutely no lag, just a bit every 5 minutes or something. Its the servers that have ping thresholds that kick me off.

So another question, where can i tweak the MTU and what should i put it as?

Re: Im confused

Sorry about that Heres the info, if you need more ill be happy to help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbeef View Post
      Sorry about that Heres the info, if you need more ill be happy to help. Thanks.

i doubt you can, but if you can i think its in your modem settings, u usuually get into those by typing your ip into browser, just enter in your modem name & model number in google, read up on it there, it will tell you how to get into the settings & if it can be adjusted or not.

Comment

The MTU should be 1500 or 1492 (PPPoE, as in DSL you log into), the largest possible nowadays.

Comment

Working...
        X