Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Island MAP - Air TOUR from Helicopter

Greetz,

I can't say enough good things about the new unranked map PORTLAND ISLAND. Here is some FRAPS video I shot while flying the helicopter around in an empty server. This will give you a good feel for the map in the hopes that more people will start hosting it.

*EA should seriously consider making this a RANKED map...even if they have to slap INTEL advertisements everywhere.....it MUST be done.

Info about the map here http://portlandisland.blogspot.com

Haze

Re: Portland Island MAP - Air TOUR from Helicopter

Originally posted by BigHAZE View Post
    Greetz,

I can't say enough good things about the new unranked map PORTLAND ISLAND. Here is some FRAPS video I shot while flying the helicopter around in an empty server. This will give you a good feel for the map in the hopes that more people will start hosting it.

*EA should seriously consider making this a RANKED map...even if they have to slap INTEL advertisements everywhere.....it MUST be done.

Info about the map here http://portlandisland.blogspot.com

Haze
    Thanks for making this video- it really does show the layout of the map well!

[This is how I took the screenshots that were used to advertise the map... I was flying a mate who had his HUD turned off, who was taking screenshots..... we got 200 in 1/2 hour, then i had to cut them down to 10 . ]

I have emailed EA asking whether they consider using community made maps ranked, however I severely doubt they will do....

Comment

well what a map brill well dont and thanks for the vid look brill

good luck with ea :: thay should use it

Comment

That map is WAY too big. Even with 64 players on, I really don't like playing Hide and Seek...

Don't get me wrong, it's very well made from what I've seen in the video, but it's still too big.

Comment

I agree with Sloi

Comment

The only reason custom maps should be ranked is to get players to actually download and play them, nothing else. Just because it's not ranked doesn't mean you can't have fun on it.

Comment

yeah it does look a bit big but still looks awesome

Comment

That map looks awesome, a bit too big as already said but looks great!
                If only EA would test and sign off maps for ranked, BF2 would live forever!
                Over 2 years since release and lets face it, stats mean **** all now with all the hacks and exploits (although i still like them to see MY progression in the game) what would it hurt to let mod maps be ranked?
                Surely its in their best interests to keep the BF2 community active, they get revenue from ranked servers (some say they dont, but yes they do!)
                Anyway good work on that map, maybe just downsize it a little

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt
                  Just because it's not ranked doesn't mean you can't have fun on it.
                  It's hard to have fun on a good custom map if there's not one soul playing on it because it's unranked.

I was thinking how it would be awesome if they regularly inducted custom maps into the ranking system so people would play them. I don't see why not as long as it's been reviewed or something and found to not be completely one sided or easily exploitable.

Comment

Good map and mediocre flying skills.

Originally posted by akawho07 View Post
                    well what a map brill well dont
                    Huh??

Comment

I want it RANKED so that I can have the unlocks I worked so hard for. Default guns SUXXORZ!

Please quit saying that the map is TOO BIG. The video I shot is the 64 player map. The map's author was kind enough to make ALL 3 VERSIONS of the map. (16, 32, & 64 Player sizes). If people think it is too big...just play one of the other 2. The 64 player version allows the air vehicles. If that's not your cup of tea, please consider hosting/joining a 16 or 32 player version..but allow 64 people to join.

ALL IS GOOD.

Comment

looks great, nice video, thx for your efforts

Comment

While the map indeed is way too big, you cant have Portland and small. Map maker should redesign the flag positions to force the flow of the battle so that the fight is always focused. In BF2 experience, the LESS flags, the better. Portland could very well be another Karkand in its very successful and clever flag setup.

Oh and unranked servers with unlocks arent uncommon. In fact, unlocks are avaliable for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Titch2349 View Post

I have emailed EA asking whether they consider using community made maps ranked, however I severely doubt they will do....
                            The response I have receieved from EA is as follows...

Hello,

We do appreciate your interest in the Battlefield 2 game. I have passed your comments to our senior product development team for further review. At this time, we do not know when or if your concerns will be directly addressed by our teams.

If you have any further questions or comments please simply reply back and we will do our best to address your concern.

EA Rep Nessie
                            Player Relations
                            Electronic Arts
                            http://support.ea.com
                            Sounds promising... but its just a standard reply, so i doubt very much anything will happen.

The map itself is not big- maps like FuShe, Wake, Dragon Valley are bigger than the map, however because it is a city, and because of all the roofs, buildings you can enter, I can understand why you think it is too "big".

I never expected the map to take off like this, and never, ever expected it to be played over multiplayer- and so the flags were designed to allow as much of the map as possible to be accessible through general play, and was not really based on the game mechanics.

Comment

They won't support it. It means doing more work on BF2, and possibly breaking it again (like when they did with Tampa (stats outage)).

EA won't want to have to spend time and money on an old project, when they have new games to release.

Comment

Working...
                              X