FPS Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Drop

Occasionally, I'll be playing and suddenly my FPS will drop. The only way to fix it is by alt + tab, and then going back into the game.
    The drop is pretty big, too. I'd have 50 FPS, and then it would drop to about 25 - 30. There's no certain situation when it'll drop. It's just random. Whether I'm looking at the sky, in intense gunfights, or flying the jet, it's just random.
    I'm only having this problem in BF2, and it's mods. The problem occurs a lot more frequently in PoE2.

Incase it matters... I play with all the graphic settings on high. My specs are in my sig.

Thanks.

Re: FPS Drop

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
    Occasionally, I'll be playing and suddenly my FPS will drop. The only way to fix it is by alt + tab, and then going back into the game.
    The drop is pretty big, too. I'd have 50 FPS, and then it would drop to about 25 - 30. There's no certain situation when it'll drop. It's just random. Whether I'm looking at the sky, in intense gunfights, or flying the jet, it's just random.
    I'm only having this problem in BF2, and it's mods. The problem occurs a lot more frequently in PoE2.

Incase it matters... I play with all the graphic settings on high. My specs are in my sig.

Thanks.
    have you checked to see what background process's are running?
    maybe your anti virus is updating, i'd pull up my task manager & then open game & play & when my fps dropped i'd minimize my game & see what process is kickin.

Comment

Re: FPS Drop

Yes, I checked the processors just now, and nothing out of the ordinary is running. When my anti virus, or firewall pops up to tell me that they've updated the database or something, what usually happens is the game gets a bit stuttery, and then goes back to normal. Sometimes the game will minimize, showing the popup, and then I'd just go back in.
      They never lower my FPS.

But I will check the processes next time my FPS goes down. I just can't think it would be a process problem if alt tabbing fixes it...

Comment

Working...
      X