Lappy...system spec able to play BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lappy...system spec able to play BF2?

just got a laptop not too long ago and i was wondering if these system specs are capable of handling bf2. i dont care if i gotta play on min settings, so long as i can play lol:

Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5200@1.6ghz
    2gb RAM
    160GB HDD
    Mobile Intel 945GM express at 256mb (or is it 128mb? im sure its 256, says max 224mb :hmm lol

thx!

Re: Lappy...system spec able to play BF2?

No, the video card will be a problem. Check out intel's compatibility list. Even according to them it will not run...

Comment

thanks for the link

im really suprised though that doom 3 and FEAR can run but BF2 cant...on my desktop, BF2 runs fine and FEAR lags... strange...

glad WoW is listed as Green, otherwise it would be a very interesting situation haha

too bad company of heroes or C&C Generals isnt listed

Comment

yeah u cant get very far with that video card, but i think if u tweak it right u can play bf2142..just not bf2

Comment

Originally posted by too_much_battlefield2
          im really suprised though that doom 3 and FEAR can run but BF2 cant...on my desktop, BF2 runs fine and FEAR lags... strange...
          That's probably because it isn't just a matter of the Intel chip being slow; it's that it doesn't implement all the necessary features in hardware and some games can't handle Intel's driver emulation of those features.

Comment

as long as your cards drivers are up-to date.

unlike my nvidia ones which are two years old due to nvidia sucking ***, you will be able to attempt to play on min settings, but with bots or a local match, its not really a good idea as you will lag like mad.

you can allways try overclocking it by a small amount untill you get a decent fps rate

Comment

Originally posted by dudbomb View Post
              as long as your cards drivers are up-to date.
              Pretty sure Intel GMA 950 won't work even with the latest drivers. (Although GM965 chipset with GMA X3100 GPU should.)
              you can allways try overclocking it by a small amount untill you get a decent fps rate
              Can you overclock an Intel GPU?

Comment

I've got:
                intel core2 t5250 (1,5GHz)
                1Gb ram
                Intel GMA x3100 (965GM)

And I can't play CoD4. The rason i've got an DirectX error, just before load the single game, after the video when it's introducing me.
                It get freeze when charging the map, i guess.

I can't tell the error because the game doesn't allow me to see the window, i can't get to the desktop.:hmm:

I've installed the latest drivers for that card, otherwise the CoD4 doens't run, pixel shader error.
                :dead:
                any idea?
                thanks!:salute:

Comment

Working...
                X