Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Award Score Generator by Vesuvan

896.....not far behind that noob Signa LOL

but I dont understand why you WOULDNT put a 1 in for basic and vet badges if you have the expert also, I mean you got them right??
    if I put a 1 in for all my basic and vet badges then I got 1134

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
      896.....not far behind that noob Signa LOL

but I dont understand why you WOULDNT put a 1 in for basic and vet badges if you have the expert also, I mean you got them right??
      if I put a 1 in for all my basic and vet badges then I got 1134
      You rpogressed through them but your no longer a basic x, your a vet or xpert. The points are already added into the xpert... This is not bf2, we don't need to add + xx amount more points to have an insanely high score.

IE lets exagerate the numbers so its easier to reach 10k!? We don't need to have numbers flying everywhere if you get what I mean. If you include all your basic and vet badges, we'd all have much higher scores and in the end it still comes down to a narrow gap so you don't really get any further than you are right now

Comment

true, I was just curious

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
          A web-based ASG is currently in development too!
          I should be able to put such thing together in a couple days if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
            I should be able to put such thing together in a couple days if you want.
            That would be awesome! Feel free to take the data from the excel sheet and experiment. PM me with any feedback! The ultimate goal is to host a website where a player can simply enter their BF2 name and it auto-generates the score. But with my limited web skills, this has proven to be difficult.

So everyone think the values assigned to each award are fair? I've altered the values over past ASG versions based on feedback from other BF2 players. Any comments from you guys?

Comment

525 but you must include hours played and calculate based on that

Getting all awards in less time is better

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                525 but you must include hours played and calculate based on that

Getting all awards in less time is better
                True, but me for example, I got everything that I have now long time ago and I just can't get nothing more. Does that make me less skilled than somebody that just got the same awards?

Comment

ok, take score per minute Maybe k/d ratio too

Comment

Score per minute also dosn't mean anything. You can point whore on IO Karkand and double your score compared to the other maps, but that won't make you a better player. K/D ratio is somewhat better indicator if you play most of the time on foot, but if you fly often it may be higher, but still not objective indicator. More medals you have, more varsatile player you are.

Comment

I think ground d badge should be have more points to it, that shlt is hard to get in a round. Besides, how many people do you really see on ground d anyways? It deserves a bit more for the effort involved.

Same goes with trasnport, 11 road kills in one round is rather impressive =D

Or how about ther war collage ribbon and merit service medal. I don't know about others but those two took me the longest time to get. Just thinking about most of my commander experiences, always getting cheated out by some higher ranking player that comes along and notices my team doing well and steals commander the next round for free points.

Then the service medal, woahzerrs. What a challenge it is to get 1k rep points. Which reminds me, expert rep is very difficult to get too.

In the end, my logic is pointing towards giving teamwork awards higher points than combat awards. Lets face the facts, anyone can pull a trigger in this game but how many times does that support guy just look at you stupidly and run off to go get mowed down.

Comment

I appreciate your comments. I would also like to explain why I choose the scores.

Originally posted by System View Post
                        I think ground d badge should be have more points to it, that shlt is hard to get in a round. Besides, how many people do you really see on ground d anyways? It deserves a bit more for the effort involved.
                        I understand your reasoning and yes, this badge is normally quite difficult. However, it's also the type of badge that can be easily achieved by being commander, sitting in ground d and using Arty. I asked around and many people who have this badge got it this way. It's for this reason why it's not rated as high.

Same goes with trasnport, 11 road kills in one round is rather impressive =D
                        Expert Transport is rated as 10. This is due to the fact that it only needs 75 hrs to achieve vs 150 from the other vehicles. It also is rated a bit less than the Expert Kit badges. Regarding the 11 road kills, that's fairly easy to get on maps like Road to Jalalabad.

Or how about ther war collage ribbon and merit service medal. I don't know about others but those two took me the longest time to get. Just thinking about most of my commander experiences, always getting cheated out by some higher ranking player that comes along and notices my team doing well and steals commander the next round for free points.
                        War College is already rated very high at 19. Only Expert Armor (20) is rated higher due to the fact that you need 400 hrs. The Meritorious Service is also rated fairly high at 17, mostly due to the 1,000 repairs that are needed. I believe these values are fair when compared to other badges.

Then the service medal, woahzerrs. What a challenge it is to get 1k rep points. Which reminds me, expert rep is very difficult to get too.
                        See Meritorious Service Medal comment above. Yes, Expert repair is very hard to get. That's why it's rated at 18, just below War College and Expert Armor. I originally had this as the highest value, but I had to take into consideration that this badge is usually stat padded to get. It's unfortunate, but a reality.

In the end, my logic is pointing towards giving teamwork awards higher points than combat awards. Lets face the facts, anyone can pull a trigger in this game but how many times does that support guy just look at you stupidly and run off to go get mowed down.
                        I understand your logic and I agree with you that a teamwork player is more valuable than a combat guy. However, the awards are simply based on difficulty to achieve and weren't intended to favor any particular player.

Again, the ASG isn't perfect and if I get enough comments about certain values, I'll be happy to alter them. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Working...
                        X