Black Screen and Freezing up game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Screen and Freezing up game

I don't know what to do. When I am in a game I have to run everything on low settings or else the screen goes black or it freezes up. I bought a new 7600 GT and a new motherboard to. I might have a feeling its my processor. I have a kind of crappy computer, check it out.

AMD Athlon 3200 socket 754
    Nvidia XFX GeForce 7600 GT AGP 8x/4x
    1024MB DDR Patriot Memory
    MSI MS-7181 Motherboard
    Western Digital S/ATA 160GB Hard Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

That should be able to run BF2 on high with no problems.
    So if you guys have any ideas please reply soon.

Re: Black Screen and Freezing up game

Originally posted by boomheadshot50 View Post
    I don't know what to do. When I am in a game I have to run everything on low settings or else the screen goes black or it freezes up. I bought a new 7600 GT and a new motherboard to. I might have a feeling its my processor. I have a kind of crappy computer, check it out.

MSI MS-7181 Motherboard

So if you guys have any ideas please reply soon.
    does it freez immediately or while playing? check this site (link below) it will scan your system & tell you if your low on somehting, hit battlefield 2 in dropdown box, then hit the "can i run it " button, it will put a active x on your pewter.
    Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

***edit,
    a thought, delte your bf2 caches, do a good cleanup & defrag also wouldnt hurt, unless you allready tried

Comment

yeah try the usual cleanups --adware/spyware/viruses checks.

make sure ur video drivers r up to date?

Comment

Originally posted by boomheadshot50 View Post

MSI MS-7181 Motherboard

nope.. that system wont run BF2 on high settings with no problems.. your going to have lag mostly from the lack of memory and the CPU is a bottleneck as well.

I suggest setting to medium, also as mentioned update video drivers 163.71's are the latest. Next you did upgrade motherboard but is the bios updated? Perhaps flashing it to a newer version will make it more compatible with the other parts of the system. Also you never said what model of Power supply you have..it may be under powering the card.

Comment

I already have all latest updates for graphics card and everything. I cleaned up everything and my cache and I defraged. It goes to a black screen when I play it for about 1-2 min.It should be able to run it on maxed out settings because when I enter a game on maxed out settings, I checked my FPS and it reads about 70 FPS. My next step after I get a new processor and 2GB of ram is to reinstall windows. Thats if it still doesn't work. Because I need all of that stuff anyway.

Also I just checked my setting on www.systemrequirementslab.com and it says its really high, way over the recommended bar.

by the way I have a Sagitta 750W power supply

Comment

Originally posted by boomheadshot50
            I already have all latest updates for graphics card and everything. I cleaned up everything and my cache and I defraged. It goes to a black screen when I play it for about 1-2 min.It should be able to run it on maxed out settings because when I enter a game on maxed out settings, I checked my FPS and it reads about 70 FPS. My next step after I get a new processor and 2GB of ram is to reinstall windows. Thats if it still doesn't work. Because I need all of that stuff anyway.

Also I just checked my setting on www.systemrequirementslab.com and it says its really high, way over the recommended bar.

by the way I have a Sagitta 750W power supply
            Odd for sure, im not sure how that site checks the componets, maybe not under a load, maybe just see's what your system has, so could it be, since it runs good on low, could it be either a heat problem in the graphic or the cpu or maybe both? im betting if that card is new it really doesnt matter it could have a fault somewhere, heatsink not attached good , have you checked you gpu temps?
            dang if it aint something simple like that then i have no idea.

wait i was lookin just now, you have a gig of patriot memory, im not familiar with patriot,im gonn just guess thats the brand. anyway, that might be your problem, maybe not, but im betting either the new card has a slight prob , or you need to add another gig of ram.

Comment

Working...
            X