Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 System Lag & FPS Issues.Please healp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 System Lag & FPS Issues.Please healp!

Ok i don't know why this is happening but its getting very annoying.I bought my computer around a year ago and when i bought it i also got BF2.Well when i installed it back then i was able to play BF2 with all medium settings and 1024x768 rez.i played fine with no probs.Then i stopped for a while and now i have had a few upgrades on my comp.I got a better PSU and and 8600 GTS card.Before i was useing the onbord card =/ .Well now it seem when i try to play BF2 i cant even use medium settings.I have them all on low or Off.I don't understand why because i meet or exceed all the BF2 Requirements.When i play a game my sound always seems to be skipping and my FPS isnt that great even on LOW gfx Settings.My Video Drivers are updated.Ive ran numerous virus checks and spyware checks and what not..so i have no idea whats goin on...Here is my some info on my comp..

Its an intel MB..not sure what kinda or whatever...
    1gig of ram
    200gig HD
    AMD +3500 Cpu
    Geforce 8600 GTS

Im not a real pro at computers so bare with me haha. If you need anything else let me know plz! kthx

Re: BF2 System Lag & FPS Issues.Please healp!

Originally posted by NinjaWTF View Post
    Ok i don't know why this is happening but its getting very annoying.I bought my computer around a year ago and when i bought it i also got BF2.Well when i installed it back then i was able to play BF2 with all medium settings and 1024x768 rez.i played fine with no probs.Then i stopped for a while and now i have had a few upgrades on my comp.I got a better PSU and and 8600 GTS card.Before i was useing the onbord card =/ .Well now it seem when i try to play BF2 i cant even use medium settings.I have them all on low or Off.I don't understand why because i meet or exceed all the BF2 Requirements.When i play a game my sound always seems to be skipping and my FPS isnt that great even on LOW gfx Settings.My Video Drivers are updated.Ive ran numerous virus checks and spyware checks and what not..so i have no idea whats goin on...Here is my some info on my comp..

Its an intel MB..not sure what kinda or whatever...
    1gig of ram
    200gig HD
    AMD +3500 Cpu
    Geforce 8600 GTS

Im not a real pro at computers so bare with me haha. If you need anything else let me know plz! kthx
    Well, if you're right, that's exactly the problem.

Seriously, it would help if you could get ALL the correct specifications of your system. The only suggestion I have off the top of my head is to check and make sure that your video card is plugged into a power source.

Comment

A) 1 gig of ram is not enuff to run high settings

B) did u uninstall ur old card properly / install new card properly

C) are ur video drivres up to date?

D) have you tried deleting ur optimzation cache

Comment

that 3500 should be fine to run bf2,

make sure you have turned off the onboard gfx in the bios.

and removed any drivers that were needed to run the onboard gfx.

i have a 7600gt agp and play all high bar shadows and dynamic light and it runs well.

you're card should be faster than mine.

it could be you have a weak psu,or like above you haven't pluged in the power to the card properly.

also bf2 doesn't run that smooth with 1gb of ram 2gb is much better.

Comment

I installed everything properly, and my psu is 600w. i havn't tried turning off the onboard gfx in the bios thoe. not sure what to do there lol.

yea i figured i needed more ram.

yes, my drivers are up to date.

I havn't tried deleting the optimization cache. where do i go for that?

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
            and delete the folders in there
            then restart BF2 and when u join a server, ull see ur game optimizing shaders again.

also, yeah try turning off ur onboard gfx tho i think for intel mobos (at least for mine) it automatically turns itself off when it detects another video card

Comment

cool thx, ill give it a shot. hopefully it helps out.

Comment

Video driver version please?

Exact model number of PSU please?

as said before just ensure you do have any extra power hookups connected to it.

And dont forget just cause everything is new doesn't mean its working properly.

Comment

driver version: 6.14.11.6250

psu: RT550-135-SL not sure if its exactly like mine. cuz mine looks a little different but same watts and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X