"Your CD-Key is not valid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your CD-Key is not valid"

I have 2 copies of battlefield 2 that I bought seperately so my brother and I can play online together. Just a couple days ago, his copy doesn't seem to work anymore. Whenever he joins an online server, he gets an error message that says "Your CD-Key is not valid". This has never happened before, and I've never had any problems with the discs at all before.

I've reinstalled BF2 once already, and it fixed it for a bit. Then the error starting come up again. When I had to enter the CD-key to reinstall, it worked fine. That's why I don't understand why it's not recognizing it once he joins a server.

His computer is pretty low-end:
    Pentium 4 2.0ghz
    756mb RAM
    Windows XP
    5200FX 128mb

I installed a new driver for the video card a few days ago (the driver was released september 28, 07), but I don't think that would have an effect on the CD-key.

Out of our 2 copies, his is the older one. We bought his May 2007, and mine August 2007.

Thanks

Re: "Your CD-Key is not valid"

try this

go to start > run > regedit

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE / Software / Electronic Arts / EA GAMES/ Battlefield 2 / ergc

and in the ergc folder on the right handside, look for "(Default)" and then double click on that and in value data, delete everything in there and type in x9392 and hten ur cdkey without anyspaces or dashes so it looks like x9392DMVE294817 where DMVE294817 is ur cd key (its obvisouly not). then hit okay and restart.

Comment

Re: "Your CD-Key is not valid"

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
      try this

go to start > run > regedit

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE / Software / Electronic Arts / EA GAMES/ Battlefield 2 / ergc

and in the ergc folder on the right handside, look for "(Default)" and then double click on that and in value data, delete everything in there and type in x9392 and hten ur cdkey without anyspaces or dashes so it looks like x9392DMVE294817 where DMVE294817 is ur cd key (its obvisouly not). then hit okay and restart.
      Alright, I'm about to try your fix.

I just tried joining a server on MY computer with MY seperate BF2 disc, and I also got the CD-key invalid message. I'm starting to assume it may be internet connection, or maybe even BF2's fault. 2 seperate sets of discs, both having the same problem seems pretty unlikely.

Update: ok so I did exactly as you suggested, and it worked. for now atleast. I'll post here if the problem comes up again.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X