Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ranking

What they mean is that BFHQ says that you're a master sergeant, but it shows that 1st sergeant is the next rank. It's just another lame glitch in BF2, so if you want to check your real ranking: http://bf2player.com/

Comment

glad they wrote you, yeah sounds like if you'd had all your medals before you got the 20,000 points it would look normal, but its farting, but like the said good news is you should recover when you get the next rank.

bf2= full of probs, i guess all software has some points

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171
        glad they wrote you, yeah sounds like if you'd had all your medals before you got the 20,000 points it would look normal, but its farting, but like the said good news is you should recover when you get the next rank.

bf2= full of probs, i guess all software has some points
        hope so...:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by drksteppa1 View Post
          hope so...:salute:
          15,000points to find out, hit karkand pretty heavy shouldn't take couple weeks or so.

Comment

wtf kinda **** is this? i got this message back from EA support and this is what they told me....what visual error?

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have reviewed our Knowledge Base at http://support.ea.com/ and located an article that may assist with resolving your issue. Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues.

I have included the link to the article and I have taken the liberty of copying the information related to your issue below:

<http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11015>

If you have any questions about this material or have any additional questions about your issue, please let us know. Take care.

Sincerely,

EARep Raul
            Player Relations
            Electronic Arts

Comment

Originally posted by drksteppa1
              wtf kinda **** is this? i got this message back from EA support and this is what they told me....what visual error?

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have reviewed our Knowledge Base at http://support.ea.com/ and located an article that may assist with resolving your issue. Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues.

I have included the link to the article and I have taken the liberty of copying the information related to your issue below:

<http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11015>

If you have any questions about this material or have any additional questions about your issue, please let us know. Take care.

Sincerely,

EARep Raul
              Player Relations
              Electronic Arts
              thats just a automated responce, proably there computer farting where you had to write them a couple of times, that probably a real late responce. id go with the one that sound't human.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
                thats just a automated responce, proably there computer farting where you had to write them a couple of times, that probably a real late responce. id go with the one that sound't human.
                What am I suppose to do now since they have an automated response??? This is driving me nuts.
                none of this stuff is making sense to me at all.

check the links.

???????????

Comment

What am I suppose to do now since they have an automated response??? This is driving me nuts.
                  none of this stuff is making sense to me at all.

check the links.

???????????
                  well i dont think the auto responce will matter, the one from the human sound like they know whats happeing. but i'd just get to the 50,000point mark & see if it gets back to normal. other than that i wouldnt know unless you write them back.

Comment

well i dont think the auto responce will matter, the one from the human sound like they know whats happeing. but i'd just get to the 50,000point mark & see if it gets back to normal. other than that i wouldnt know unless you write them back.

*shrugs* awards and ribbions but no rank? this is bs...now, i gotta wait till i get up too 50,000 kills?

Comment

*shrugs* awards and ribbions but no rank? this is bs...now, i gotta wait till i get up too 50,000 kills?
                      well i hope it straightens out then for ya, but bf2 has lotsa bugs like this i think is why alot of peep get agravated at it.

you only play ranked? no mods?

Comment

well i hope it straightens out then for ya, but bf2 has lotsa bugs like this i think is why alot of peep get agravated at it.

you only play ranked? no mods?

I hope it does too. yes, all i play is on ranked servers on 1.3-1.4 dont know about the mods

Comment

I hope it does too. yes, all i play is on ranked servers on 1.3-1.4 dont know about the mods
                          mods are the best of this game IMO.

you are on teh older versions? im use the new 1.41 patch.

kill alot, commanding sometimes makes points add up quick if your team is good.

Comment

mods are the best of this game IMO.

you are on teh older versions? im use the new 1.41 patch.

kill alot, commanding sometimes makes points add up quick if your team is good.
                            not sure. but my patch is weird dude. sometime the arty works when commanding, sometimes it doesnt.

Comment

I finally got the e-mail back from EA Support and this is what it said...

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

Allow me to do my best to explain what is occurring here, and what you’re seeing. At 20,000 points you will (and have been) promoted to either Master Sergeant or First Sergeant. In order to obtain the First Sergeant ranking you must meet certain criteria BEFORE reaching 20,000 global points.

Because you did not complete all of these pre-requisites prior to reaching 20,000 points you were promoted to Master Sergeant rather than First Sergeant. Unfortunately, there is a small issue within the game, which the developers are aware of, and which you are most likely experiencing. This graphical error causes the game to view First Sergeant as your “Next rank” even though it is really a parallel ranking. Because of this and because you have already reached the 20,000 points necessary to achieve First Sergeant, which the game is viewing as your “next rank” it is showing your status bar as fully.

I’m afraid that the Support team can not alter your achievements to make you First Sergeant. However, the good news is that this is nothing to be concerned about. Your stats are still updating correctly and you will still rank up upon reaching the next required level of points. Should you have any more concerns, or require additional assistance, please let us know. Answers to most common problems, as well as Technical support can be found at Support.ea.com.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Take care.

Sincerely,

EARep Philip
                              Player Relations
                              Electronic Arts

WTF?
                              basiclly its a visuall glith, its showing ur next rank is first seargent, but ur master seagent, but ur next rank is acually Master Gunnery Sergeant which is at 50000 points.

Comment

not sure. but my patch is weird dude. sometime the arty works when commanding, sometimes it doesnt.
                                unless your stayin in older patches for some reason, i'd update to 1.41, over 3000servers running it.

looks like [MBMG] Sike3000 seems to seen this prob. before. good that it will straighten out at 50000.

Comment

Working...
                                X