Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Global ID

Hi,

I suspect a member of my clan is cheating. I can't prove this at the moment because he plays on our server, which is punkbuster protected, and hasnt appeared to have his account banned yet.

However, I have noticed his BF2 GLOBAL id has changed at least once in the last few days. Is this an indication of cheating?

Are there any other things I should look out for?

Re: BF2 Global ID

you mean in the PB Screenshots the PBID is different, diff Cdkey

Comment

I dunno, the 30(ish) character key that comes up in the multiplay admin screen. I believe its the punkbuster ID but i may be wrong.

Comment

CD hash?

Changes when the user is using a different DVD to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
          CD hash?

Changes when the user is using a different DVD to play the game.
          dvd?

cd-key..

if you had both hashes you could check them through www.punksbusted.com

Comment

Hold up a second, I'm getting confused.
            From my understanding.

A CD-Key is what you type in whilst installing to confirm you have a legitimate copy.
            A CD-Hash is the 30-digit long number that appears in the BF2CC list of players in a server.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh and I said DVD because technically it is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
              Hold up a second, I'm getting confused.
              From my understanding.

A CD-Key is what you type in whilst installing to confirm you have a legitimate copy.
              A CD-Hash is the 30-digit long number that appears in the BF2CC list of players in a server.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh and I said DVD because technically it is one.
              above is true...

Originally posted by CD Hash
              For security reasons, a player's CD key is never accessible within BF2, but for virtually all purposes, their "CD key hash", which is available, serves just as well. This "hash" uses the obsolete MD5 algorithm to create a crytographic hash of the player's CD key
              Originally posted by PB GUID's
              are pretty much the same thing as BF2's CD key hashes, but appear to initialize the MD5 algorithm differently. For all practical purposes, you can think of a player's GUID as just being a second (and different) CD key hash. Just like CD key hashes, they uniquely identify installed copies of BF2, and so can be used for all the same purposes as CD key hashes.

either way if your clan mate has 2 different hash's check them through punksbusted.com there is a search tool on the left of the page, it will search the master ban list for any matches

Comment

Have you taken PB screen shots? maybe he is not cheating hence him not getting banned.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
                  Have you taken PB screen shots? maybe he is not cheating hence him not getting banned.
                  some cheat/hacks still produce clean pbss,

Comment

if you enable pb logging on your computer in this file: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb\pbcl.cfg you can do a "pb_plist" command in-game and it will log everyones last 8 pb guid's to a log in the same directory. (it also logs anytime an admin kicks someone and for what reason).
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

So it could be something as simple as hi usinga different CD to run the game?

Comment

first post! :yay:

..back on topic
                        Some players do play at cybercafe's as well, and that would definitely produce a different hash. I know my brother is in a clan and alot of the time he will play at our local cafe because he gets lower pings. But, like suggested above I would check the HASH against the PBBans and PunksBusted lists to see if anything pops-up.

Comment

^^ yeah that was wat i was thinking. like soemtiems i play at my friend's house on a diff computer, or maybe on another comp in my house.

Comment

offtopic, Virus how u get it to say "weapon" under ur location?

Comment

im pretty sure hes not using a internet cafe or friends pc 'cos of the times he plays. I thought maybe he plays with different disks, like sometimes his bf2 regular disk, sum times special forces disk. is that a reasonable conclusion?

Does anyone know how these hacks work? do they actually change your ID thing?

thanks so far guys

Comment

Working...
                              X