BF2 Freezes/Doesn't Load Game after "JOIN GAME" selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Freezes/Doesn't Load Game after "JOIN GAME" selection

Ok, I have uninstalled and re-purchased my BF2 product and I have downloaded all updates including any updates for PunkBuster (Including patches for BF2).

So, here is my wonderful problem that has been going on for a week now!

I load BF2 and click on a server (no particular server just any random server) and the game loads-then I click on the "JOIN GAME" button.. Once I get passed the "JOIN GAME" button, the screen loads as the spawn-point selection screen along with the kit selection screen... but this is where my problem begins! The screen freezes and I am unable to move my mouse or use my ESC button. I literally have to go Control+Alt+Delete and close the
    BF2 (which does not say it is "NOT RESPONDING" it reads "RUNNING").

I am going through BF2 withdraw and I am seriously in some great need of help.. so please, can anyone please help a chick out??

If it means anything to you, I have Verizon FiOs connection and up until a week ago I have had NO problems with my BF2. The day before I had this problem for the 1st time, I played BF2 for over 5 hrs... so please, please... please help me out!

Re: BF2 Freezes/Doesn't Load Game after "JOIN GAME" selection

it is probable that your controls have cleared themselves.

go into option>controls> Reset to default. and you should be fine.

btw r u really a girl?

Comment

Thanks for your reply and suggestion... Unfortunately, this did not help... I am still having the same issue. Anything else?

And, yes, I am really a girl.. here is proof and I am the girl on the far right.. and if you STILL have problems believing that I am girl-check out my myspace webpage: www.myspace.com/msccarter47

Comment

Originally posted by ccarter47 View Post
        Thanks for your reply and suggestion... Unfortunately, this did not help... I am still having the same issue. Anything else?

And, yes, I am really a girl.. here is proof and I am the girl on the far right.. and if you STILL have problems believing that I am girl-check out my myspace webpage: www.myspace.com/msccarter47
        I suggest a complete reinstall of BF... After reinstalling, run PB update and patch BF with 1.41

Nice pic btw

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion...

I have completely uninstalled BF2 and purchased a whole new game pack-installed and ran all updates mentioned and I am still experiencing these problems. Any other ideas??

BTW, glad you liked the picture...

Comment

As a fellow female member of society (Proof:http://www.imageshack.us/pics/11122321/sexy.jpg), I believe you have to delete Controls.con (C:\Documents & Settings\your username\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\001\Controls.con) and reset them to default.

Comment

OMFG, camperstrike, you are the best!! Whatever you had me do worked!! FINALLY-I can get my game on!! (BTW, love the picture... lol even though it's not really you).

Thanks a million everyone for your help! Maybe I'll see you guys around sometime...

Thanks again!

Comment

you silly guys of course carter is a girl. thanks for helping her as i had no idea as to what was wrong.

Comment

well u know..90% of the women in BF2 are really men

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you that I do not fit into the 90% category!

Comment

Working...
                    X