Odd Connection Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Connection Issues

Ok, so i have this problem developed seemingly out of nowhere and is completely prohibiting me from playing bf2. I was playing bf2 just fine for a few hours yesterday when i decided to hop out and play some original call of duty multiplayer with some friends. I had to update my punkbuster files to play cod but i did a manual install and it worked fine after. Then I went back to play bf2 and all of a sudden it is taking about 3-5 minutes to connect to the account server, then when i am finally logged in i hit update servers and it updates incredibly slow, like only 20-50 servers show up in a minutes time. Then if i try to join a game it loads up and i get in for about 2 seconds before getting the "There is a problem with your connection" error message and it just hangs there. I tried manually updating my pb files to no avail, turned off voip and other things like that, but nothing seems to be working. I am running 2.4ghz pentium dual core with 1gig of ram and a geforce 8600 gts on windows vista. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

edit: forgot to mention that all my other games are running fine with low pings so i doubt it is a laggy connection

Re: Odd Connection Issues

Mate i am having the exact same problem. i have tried everything. Its definately punkbuster. Try the pb_sleep 500 command. It kind of fixes it. not 100% but it makes it more playable.(slightly)
    Open the console
    Type the following
    pb_sleep 500 (press enter)
    pb_writecfg (press enter)
    close console.
    Let me know if this has any effect.

Comment

try clearing ur BF2 profiles in the My Documents folder and hten re-adding them in-game

Comment

neither one of those things worked, thanks for the help though. im trying to find a windows xp cd so i can just install that instead since it seems that vista is basically just ****ing everything up. it just seems weird to me that updating the call of duty pb files would screw bf2 as well.

Comment

Working...
        X