BF2 Map Editor w/ DX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Map Editor w/ DX10

Okay so I get BF2 Map Editor installed and when I try to run it on my Vista machine it comes up with a box saying I need to install DX9.0c. Well since I have Windows Vista Home Premium I already have DX10. Is there any way to make the editor realise that DX10 will trump DX9.0c?? Or is it possible to have DX9.0c just for the BF2 Editor??

Thanks for the assist.

Re: BF2 Map Editor w/ DX10

im not sure but what i do know it the bf2 editor is made for DX9 and will have no idea what to do with DX10 other then spitting errors at you going (MAYDAY!!) so i would think you would need to install dx9

Comment

And how might I do that??

Also if i install dx9 will I be able to get DX10 back when the new DX10 games like crysis come out??

Comment

Are you running the editor in XP-compatible mode? I would think that would make the editor see DX9c instead of DX10.

Comment

You can install Both DX10 and DX9 on the same pc... Hell you even install DX8 or even older ones if you really needed. How else would you be able run any old games like say Call of Duty 2 or whatever...

Download

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darth_Master View Post
            You can install Both DX10 and DX9 on the same pc... Hell you even install DX8 or even older ones if you really needed. How else would you be able run any old games like say Call of Duty 2 or whatever...
            Not on XP or lower you can't. Games just require a certain version of DX as a minimum but also run on higher versions. It sounds like this is not the case with Vista for some reason. So it's hardly as obvious as your tone and rolleyes make it seem.

Comment

Well I found the problem :-)

Turns out that I just installed it using windows xp compatibility mode. Once I told the editor to run in XP mode it worked fine. Except for when I close it. Then it tells me that '<File description> has stopped working'. Is this normal??

Comment

Originally posted by Firefox1948
                Well I found the problem :-)

Turns out that I just installed it using windows xp compatibility mode. Once I told the editor to run in XP mode it worked fine. Except for when I close it. Then it tells me that '<File description> has stopped working'. Is this normal??
                It's fine, i get the same thing when i close CS:S down.

"No, you haven't stopped working, i closed you down, douche"

=]

Comment

Working...
                X