invalid cd-key! :O :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid cd-key! :O :(

i recently downloaded the latest bf2 patch (1.41) but now whenever i try to join an online server i get the "invalid cd-key" message! ive tried changing the encrypted cd-key in the registry to "x9392[CD-KEYHERE]" and the punkbuster manual update but they didnt work . plz i really need help, thnx guys!

Re: invalid cd-key! :O

hi alex welcome to TBF2,

why would you need to change registry values?? do you have a invalid key to begin with? did you get your key from a warez site?

Comment

no, when i was using earlier versions of bf2 it would work but now with version 1.4 and 1.41 it always tells me that i have an invalid cd-key. im guessing uve never had this problem before? google search "battlefield 2 invalid cd-key" and ull find a ton of posts with ppl complaining that they cant play online anymore because of this error. ive tried most of the "solutions" but nothing has worked so far . im thinking that this might be the problem: i downloaded the 1.3-1.4 incremental patch, not the full patch. also i downloaded the 1.41 full patch but this patch only works if i first patch to 1.3 then 1.3-1.4 and then 1.41, or else i get an error saying "patch failed". did ur 1.41 patch give u any problems when trying to update or was it all smooth sailing?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRey View Post
        i recently downloaded the latest bf2 patch (1.41) but now whenever i try to join an online server i get the "invalid cd-key" message! ive tried changing the encrypted cd-key in the registry to "x9392[CD-KEYHERE]" and the punkbuster manual update but they didnt work . plz i really need help, thnx guys!

Have you tried writing your cd-key without dashes, next to x9392 instead of "x9392[CD-KEYHERE]"? :laugh:

The only reason it does that is because of that registry entry. Either that, or you don't have a legal copy of BF2.

Comment

yeah the only thing i can think of is that u used dashes. maybe try all caps?

Comment

i have a legal copy. i tried editing my cd-key again in the registry ("x9392[CD-KEYHERE]"), yes without the dashes, and didnt reapply the patch so that it didnt encrypt it again. i was actually able to join a server! but when i exited and tried to join it again i got the same old damn invalid cd-key error! this is so frustrating!

Comment

I had the same random problem. My solution was to just re install.

Comment

from one of my threads:

Fix for invalid CD Key

First look in your battlefield 2 support folder and start
                Battlefield 2_code.exe to reenter you Key

Then

1. Start the patch program again (no this is not a reinstall - keep reading)
                2. Select your language
                3. At the "welcome-screen", do not proceed!.
                4. Keep the patch-window open and go to your start menu, select "run".
                5. Write %temp%
                6. Search for BF2CDKeyCheck.exe
                7. Double click BF2CDKeyCheck.exe
                8. You won't notice anything at this point.
                9. Now your CD-KEY troubles are over.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                X