slow map loading times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow map loading times

Recently I've noticed that the loading times for maps has slowed down by quite a bit, I'm not sure why.

I have a raid 0 setup with 2 WD raptors (10krpm), and usually I'm among the first few to load the maps due to this setup - but now for some reason I'm among the last few. I haven't recently changed any graphic settings, nor does my hard disk need to be defragged.

The only other things I could think that could have possibly affected it are the following:

-I moved my dvd-burner onto secondary IDE when it used to be on primary. It was always set as the master device, but my hard disks aren't on IDE, they are SATA, so I don't think this could have an effect could it?

-I booted up my comp one day and it gave a disk read error, so I went into the bios and saw that RAID was disabled for some odd reason, so I enabled it and the error was gone.

Re: slow map loading times

When you said your HDD do not need to be defragmented, is that your own judgment or is that what Windows is telling you? Windows is somewhat generous when it comes to that and does not pay sufficient attention to MFT fragmentation, which can slow down even the fastest system. I noticed I have to run disk defragmenter two or three times before it also defragments the MFT, which should never have more than 3 fragments.

Comment

Working...
    X