Do you like the way the jets fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the way the jets fly?

This poll is just a quicky to find out what people think of the jets. I, personally find them over sensitive. I know the team is trying to bring back the feel and gameplay of the original DCOM, but the jets should have been left with the Bf2 physics.
    What do you think?

Re: Do you like the way the jets fly?

No I disagree they shouldnt have been left with BF2's physics, I think the team did a great job with getting as close to DC as possible on this engine. Obviously theres still some problems, but there still refining them.

Comment

People either love them or they hate them. There's not really any middle ground.

I personally love them (though I'm slightly biased here as I did most of the handling tweaks lol ). I agree with you about them being a bit too sensitive. The turning radius is fine but they just react a little too quickly to input. I couldn't disagree more about going back to BF2's physics though. Most DC pilots who've tried DCon's physics love them. Most BF2 pilots hate them. As a mod which is aiming to bring back the DC experience, that's the way we like it.

The only thing that causes major problems is the fact the weapons currently don't get on well with the flight physics due to some BF2 engine problems. We'll be working on trying to sort these out though.

They've still got some issues but we'll be ironing those creases out in upcoming releases. We'll also be looking to get the chopper handling a lot closer to DC's physics too.

Feedback on them is very welcome though. I appreciate the constructive criticism. The more details people give, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
        I know the team is trying to bring back the feel and gameplay of the original DCOM, but the jets should have been left with the Bf2 physics.
        What do you think?

I agree here... leaving them alone to match BF2 would have carried over more players from vBF2 to this mod and others. POE2's air physics are so bad I can't stand to fly in it.. I would much rather go on the ground infantry cause that really is great. When you mess with game play and physics of the original game in any mod you run players off cause although change is a good thing its human nature to ignore change and be against it.

Comment

You could say there are two types of mods. Total conversions and add-ons. Total conversions could be treated as a separate game entirely. Add-ons could be treated as more of an expansion to the original game. Add-ons keep the core gameplay the same but add new content. Total conversions change the gameplay and add new content.

DCon is a total conversion. If you want an add-on then you won't find it with DCon.

Comment

bf2 mechanics = :dead:

Comment

I prefer DCON jets. With that, yes, they do need some tweaking. I don't think that we need more jet oriented maps though. We need Dustbowl, Basrah's Edge and DC Bridge. Those 3 maps would pretty much seal the deal on DCON as a whole.

Comment

If I just can get that "lazy" mapper working on Dustbowl, to finish it, I hope to see it in 0.2 together with Bocage...

We will not see Basrah's Edge for a long time, due to lack of statics. :shakehead:

Bridge is not planned, at least not yet.

But if it is to any comfort we have a couple of nice custom maps for 0.2 as well (including a city map with armored vehicles)

Maybe you will also see a cool DCon version of Highway Tampa in the near future,
                featuring the SCUD, the AC-130 and a lot of armor...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                  I like the way the jets FLY, but I don't like dogfighting at all. It takes absolutely no skill to lock on and fire missiles, but it takes lots of skill to dodge them. I'm pretty good at dogfighting. I only lose against above average pilots so don't think I'm complaining because I "get owned"
                  There are no tracking missiles in Dcon.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
                    There are no tracking missiles in Dcon.
                    Oops, I thought this was a general jet discussion poll. I thought you were just comparing vanilla to the mod

MY BAD

Comment

by far the best map for desert combat was Urban Siege...

you guys should really do a remake of that map it was total badass!

Comment

Working...
                      X