pb screenies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pb screenies

Was wondering, if a server admin takes a PB screenshot of you, does it make your game laggy while they are taking a PB SS of you?

I would imagine high spec PC users wouldn't suspect a thing, but what about those with low spec machines?

Any ideas?

Re: pb screenies

dunno. i never noticed an admin taking a pb shot of me, but i doubt itll cause lag cuz its only for a split second and the picture is pretty tiny

Comment

yeah i dunno if u would notice at all. i never now when a admin is pb ss me

Comment

I have a really ****ty pc and I notice it because first they call me a hacker, then my computer gets laggy for like a minute (IE they are taking more than one because they are all clean) and then I get banned anyway for some BS like being idle.. lawl

Comment

i know from playing on servers with auto pb screening i get a error with your connection message for like 2-10 seconds on a clear nite.

Happenes when I'm flying too in other servers. I'm pretty such its pb SS's when it happenes.

Comment

I don't think you'll "know" when a PB ss is being taken on you...

Comment

I notice that my computer gets really laggy sometimes and the hard disc access light go bananas. I don't think it is a SS being taken, more likely a Punkbuster update downloading in game (or i hope it is...)

Comment

The reason I asked is, everytime someone is suspicious about me, or people start screaing 'hacker hacker' a few moments later my game becomes laggy for little while, so I assumed it's cuz of an admin taking PBss of me.

Interesting.

Comment

Servers streaming punkbusted I believe take an auto SS every 30 seconds, I never noticed anything.

Comment

I doubt it's every 30 seconds otherwise there would be literally thousands every day to look through.

Comment

It is pretty much every 30 seconds, you can change it via a command in the console so it takes one every 500 seconds incase it causes you trouble.

Comment

Shouldn't make a difference. The only lag would be provider side I would imagine.

Cheers

Comment

1 SS every 30 seconds?

Thats a bit much... In one hour from one person alone there would be 120 SS. Now then multiple that by the number of people in the server.

Thats a very high number.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
                            It is pretty much every 30 seconds, you can change it via a command in the console so it takes one every 500 seconds in case it causes you trouble.

That's PB scanning, not the screenshot *feature*. That tweak helps, however.

I think it will make you lag up, not so much the "problem with connection" crap, but actual graphics freeze. A full size (non-PB) screenshot brings my PC to a halt for 1-2 seconds.

Comment

It's not like someone actually looks at them all, but yes PBs takes one every thirty seconds of every screen and folders them by user or screen number (I forget). But if you take a quick glance through and see ten failed screenies in a row= little ****tard hacker (maybe).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X