blue screen of death FIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue screen of death FIX

Its a hardware problem. if you are running a 256mb or higher video card. Its crashing because the video card is not getting a enufe power. so if you are running a 300watts you need to get a bigger power supply. i got a new one 500watt sli and it fix the blue screen of death

Re: blue screen of death FIX

well i never got a blue screen before i updated 2 a bigger psu, i just go like 5 million ctd's, except for pb farting it fixed mine.

Comment

i remember when my old psu was too weak. my computer just didnt boot up :P

Comment

Good that it fixed your BSOD, but there are many different reasons for them, not just an inadequate PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01
          Good that it fixed your BSOD, but there are many different reasons for them, not just an inadequate PSU.

usually drivers, imsure they can come for other reasons but thats allways been mine anytime i ever had one.:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by milkdudrecords
            Its a hardware problem. if you are running a 256mb or higher video card. Its crashing because the video card is not getting a enufe power. so if you are running a 300watts you need to get a bigger power supply. i got a new one 500watt sli and it fix the blue screen of death
            Yes, that is one fix for a problem which can happen for thousands of different reasons

Comment

I have a 7950 GT installed and also bought an Antec Basiq 500 W PSU for this card and am still getting the BSOD. Says it is nv4_disp that is causing the problem. WTF!

Does anyone have a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by fullspeed999 View Post
                I have a 7950 GT installed and also bought an Antec Basiq 500 W PSU for this card and am still getting the BSOD. Says it is nv4_disp that is causing the problem. WTF!

Does anyone have a solution?
                What's the STOP message? You'll get a STOP0x000000xx message, write that down.

Comment

You also get a BSOD by exceeding available physical memory. I even tested this lol. When I only had 1GB of RAM, I loaded up some apps that used 100mb each. The system was already using 500mb (windows vista), so I just loaded 5 clients of this RPG I play and sure enough, once it reached, and bypassed the 1GB limit, I got a BSOD

Comment

Above post: Page file problem?

Original poster: I got a BSOD for the first time in BF2 yesterday, 2 days after installing new drivers which just gave me trouble, back to the ones I have before and everything is fine. Not saying that drivers are definately the problem, but worth looking into.

Comment

I don't think it was a page file problem, as I had it set to the recommended size of 1.5 times that of the physical memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                        I don't think it was a page file problem, as I had it set to the recommended size of 1.5 times that of the physical memory.
                        mine has a setting that says something like "let the system decide" i hit that one, mine runs good there. i have xp

Comment

Originally posted by milkdudrecords
                          Its common sense to read the box of the hardware/software for requirements prior to using it anyway.

Don't go on Watts alone for video cards.. its more so the Volts on the rail than wattage cause that varies depending on operating temps and other draws from within the computer.

Comment

Working...
                          X