Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

ok i see people posting their video specs like more then the game can let me do on bf2. for instance my game only lets me put anti aliasing at 4x, i see people saying aa at 8x and even 16x. how is this done? the other one i see is AFx16. what is that and what does it do, and how do i set it?

ok the other question is on a video card upgrade.

ok i head the 8800gtx is falling in prices sometime in november. ok im planning on getting one and once i do will there be any kind of difference in bf2? like graphics wise or anything or just frame rates?

i have a 4200 x2 am2 right now on a 7600gt and im getting an average of 62fps. if i get a better processor(6000+) will that boost the fps?

when ever i overclock my cpu to 2.66 it drops my fps to an average of 30. but if i over clock it a lil from stock to 2.4 its more smoother. anyone know why?

if anyone can give me some tips and tricks to get more fs ill be glad to know.

thanks.

Re: Some Questions

Right now, the ONLY choice for CPUs is Intel's Core series, but in a year, AMD will hopefully come back. The difference an 8800 card will make is ridiculous. Not so much in BF2, but other games, especially Source engine based (I saw my FPS literally triple).

The 7600GT isn't going to be bottlenecked by much AFAIK, but a new CPU will help for upcoming games, and it would be a waste to use that CPU with an 8800GTX.

As for the overclock, that's all experimenting. I'm guessing it's either overheating or the voltage is irregular, both leading to dodgy framerates.

Comment

hmmmmmmm i was thinking of getting a e6600 or e6700 but it means i have to buy a new motherboard. pos lol. so will a e6600 and a gtx be good for crysis?

Comment

Apparently so, but Crysis is built to handle dual, and qaud core. Maybe they'll optimise it heavily at release but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
        X