problem with 1.41 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with 1.41 patch

i just got battlefield 2 and installed it on my vista and it worked fine but since i hadn't patcheed it or anything yet, there were only about 50 servers on the list. so i went to teh ea website and downloaded and installed teh full 1.41 patch and after installing it, now when i load the game, the screen flashes black twice and returns to the desktop. like i said it works great without the patch but this is killing me. is there any way to fix this or am i going to be forced to play patchless? specs are as follows.

radeon 9800 256 mb
    amd athlon xp2400
    1024 mb ram
    a7n8x mobo
    80gb western dig. hdd

it cant be a prob with my hardware tho since it already works without the patch. i have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it never works. help please.

Re: problem with 1.41 patch

I'd go with 2 gigs of RAM especially with Vista btw. But for your problem...

try to re-install BF 2 and patch again, and does it completely patch it or does it just randomly stop and you are assuming it did?

Comment

Re: problem with 1.41 patch

i have already tried to reinstall and reinstall the patch and it doesnt work. the patch does completely install too. it goes all the way to the installation completed screen, press finish to complete screen.idk what else to do. right now im just playing without the patch.

Comment

Working...
      X