Help Patch 1.41 error HELP !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Patch 1.41 error HELP !!

I'm downloading the latest BF2 patch 1.41 and I getting an error stating from the installshield wizard stating the patch failed. I tried uninstalling the game twice and reinstalling and down loadloading the patch again and installing twice with same error. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it.
    Running Pentiun 4, Nvidia 6600 graphic card with over a gig of memory

Also now the gme wont open when I double click the icon. The BF2 logo comes up, the screen goes black and the game stops running and just goes back to my desk top. I guess I have two issues happening. Please help

Re: Help Patch 1.41 error HELP !!

Did you tried downloading the patch from a diffrent mirror?? Maybe its corrupt..

Comment

yes I've tried two other down loads places. I'll try again. though. At this point I just want to play the game and willing to try anything. Any idea on why it wont open ?

Comment

Know you're frustrated, :wall:

Got some bad news though, I guess you're messing up your registery dude.. (someone correct if I'm wrong)

I readed your other post aswell, noticed it started with a bad patch..
        Did you restarted your pc after uninstallig? If you didn't there maybe a conflict somewhere..

There is something you still can try though..
        You need to uninstall BF and clean out your register with a registery cleaner..
        After that, restart and install BF, (SF) and then patch it.

I know a 6600 is able to run BF, have one in my mediacenter.. People already mentions it, you need more ram dude, but that is for later if your finally able to boot BF properly..

If you still got no luck.. Maybe good to know that there are some dramatic options that will most likely do the job.. But we will come to that later..

:salute:

Originally posted by Dogmann View Post
        I recently went to Nvvidia and updated the latest graphic card update through BF2.
        ^Isn't the newest.. Do not update through BF.. Just go to Nvidia's homepage and select it there..

:salute:

Comment

Working...
        X