Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Most Wins' as .... What?

Hey peeps.

Now, I love playing MEC - see my posts as to why.

So why do wins as US Marines top the stats?

I contribute just as much to MEC as to USM, as do other players. Yet the teams lose....

Question: Is BF2 inherently biased (mechanically) or do people play better for USM than other armies?

Here's a poll. Let the voter decide.

(Future threads on results imminent............)

Re: 'Most Wins' as .... What?

"Everything's hunky dory and it's just a blip in the statosphere."

Comment

cuz US rocks !!!!!

Comment

Well most of the MEC vs USMC maps. They mostly always have USMC attacking rather then defending and in most of my years in BF2 I find that attacking has always been easier to win then defending. But thats just me though.

Comment

USMC is played on every map. So naturally most of your wins will be on USMC.

I personally have a higher W/L ratio with MEC.

Comment

Actually, to clarify, I don't play Chinese maps. I hate air.

So am always on MEC vs USMC.

Comment

yea since USMC is on every map, they have more wins

Comment

... to practise my Arabic...

Shukrun, hadr!

Comment

i think i know the reason and its one i thought about alot ^^

the reason in my eyes is: communication

see most people tend to be able to understand english be they german, russian or what have you, however there is a great deal less of people who can speak chinese and arabic. for me i do fine with MEC because i am fluent in arabic as well as english - hell i can even understand french and german (working on german =P )

so yeah when say you are MEC and you tell someone to pass you a medkit or give them an order - they tend to usually ignore it because they dont know what it means unelss they happen to look up at the text, which in the heat of battle can be ignored.

so thats why i think USMC win most - communication between players is better/easier.

Comment

nice, fluent in usmc, when it comes to communication, i have played the game enough that i now what the phrases are even though i dont speak the language.

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428 View Post
                      nice, fluent in usmc, when it comes to communication, i have played the game enough that i now what the phrases are even though i dont speak the language.
                      yeah i realise this, but i mean if you werent thinking about what he was saying

like you are concentrating really hard as a sniper and the guy talks and you dont really take it in because you dont speak the language.

however i mean say it was a USMC message you would still take it in automatically - perhaps not act on it. but i mean you would still recognize it, it kinda sticks out and its hard to not notice it

see what i mean? - but this is just my view afterall you could completely disagree

Comment

i see where your coming from anny

Comment

You guys do know theres a "English Voice Over Only" option right? And no matter what side your on, the commands are in english.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
                            You guys do know theres a "English Voice Over Only" option right? And no matter what side your on, the commands are in english.
                            i didnt know this. and im sure others didnt thats why the communication is so bad usually in my experience.

hmm so do you mean that all commands are then given in english instead of the native one? if so i dont think ill change mine, because that takes away the realism for me

and no jimmy the commands are not always in english - well not in my BF2 lol, unless you have that English Voice Over thing on then i dont know, but for me its always the default language - only english for the USMC

Comment

omg the guy with squinty eyes is an american! lol

i have never heard of this voice over

Comment

Working...
                              X