No announcement yet.

Having some problems with my version...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having some problems with my version...

Hi, I'm new to Battlefield 2 online, and was just wondering, how many patches do I need to install? Because I have both 1.4 and 1.41 and there are still 1000+ servers I can't play on. Including all SF servers. So what's the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Having some problems with my version...

Originally posted by Saerosangk
    Hi, I'm new to Battlefield 2 online, and was just wondering, how many patches do I need to install? Because I have both 1.4 and 1.41 and there are still 1000+ servers I can't play on. Including all SF servers. So what's the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Welcome, :salute:

You only need to install patch 1.41, this is the latest and have all the previeus patches included..

You need to have SF installed in order to log on SF-servers.. (duh)
    And they lauched a new map, Highway Tampa, and it's not included in the 1.41 patch.. You have to download and install it manually...

And make sure "same version only" filter is enabled.. This option will only display servers that are running on the 1.41 patch.. As you can't log in on 1.40 servers while running 1.41..

Hope this is usefull..

Comment

Yeah I have SF... And I downloaded Highway Tampa, though it still has the "Download Highway Tampa now" message. So shouldn't I have the latest version and be able to play on all servers? The message I get is "You have a version that is older than this server" or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Saerosangk
        Yeah I have SF... And I downloaded Highway Tampa, though it still has the "Download Highway Tampa now" message. So shouldn't I have the latest version and be able to play on all servers? The message I get is "You have a version that is older than this server" or something along those lines.
        Ok, first, ignore the welcome message.. It's just advertising..

Second, are you absolutely sure you got patch 1.41?

Wich version does it say at the welcome screen?

If you got BF and the patch installed and you're installing SF it patches BF back to version 1.1 Did you run the patch a second time to update it again to 1.41?

I would recommend a full reinstall of BF..

1 - BF
        2 - SF
        3 - Patch 1.41

:salute:

Comment

yeah sometimes the patcher doesnt work right. do wat Link said and do a reinstall..

btw to know for sure that u have the patch 1.41, go into ur bf2 menu and in the corner of the screen , u should see some numbers 1.1.2965-797.0. if it doesnt say that, then u dont have the patch installed correctly so a reintsall should fix that. im guessing ur numbers will say 1.1.2965-795.0

Comment

^^ True, let us know...

Comment

do you have the expansions AF & EU, if so ya gotta register them online, im betting the above is right you gotta patch after alll your bf is installed including tampa.
              btw, there are diff versions of the tampa, but i think the one advertised when you start bf2 up is the correct & latest one.

Comment

Working...
              X